Any success stories with Flexible Dieting?

Options
13»

Replies

• eskimohugger
    eskimohugger Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Ashtoretet wrote: »
    I've lost 49 pounds eating whatever I want, as long as it fits into my calories.

Thats so cool, how long did it take you??
  • misssmadalyn
    misssmadalyn Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I've lost 90 pounds eating what my family eats just smaller portions, I allow myself cheat days on Friday & Saturday & I have 2 servings of Junk food a day! As long as I stay in my fat, carb, sugar goals :)
  • misssmadalyn
    misssmadalyn Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    And staying active
  • 2bfit_2015
    2bfit_2015 Posts: 42 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Yes it is possible. I have cookies almost daily along with any other things I crave and I've lost 66lbs. Still have 30 lbs left and don't plan on cutting anything out lol
    2bfit_2015 wrote: »
    Yes it is possible. I have cookies almost daily along with any other things I crave and I've lost 66lbs. Still have 30 lbs left and don't plan on cutting anything out lol
    Geez, that is almost 100 pounds!! That's awesome!!! Do you exercise regularly or just portion control or IIFYM or what?

Portion control and exercising regularly is the key to my success! 7 months of logging 66 lbs lost and I have NOT cut one single thing out of my diet. Ice cream?? Yes. Cake?? Yes. Donuts?? Yes. Chips?? Yes. Takeout?? Yes. Dinners?? Yes.
    And yes I also do at least 1-2 hrs of exercise a day and take a day off after 5-7 consecutive workouts in a row. So for me personally even if I do slip up and eat more I have that extra cushion with all the calories I'm burning from exercise (which i don't eat back)

As long it fits into my calories, I eat it. Now don't get me wrong if u eat 5 Madeline cookies that's 650 calories and if youre only allowed 1200 then that doesn't leave u a lot of room to enjoy anything else. So unless u want to go to bed hungry then you need to learn to control those cravings in some way. I've made those stupid mistakes in the beginning and now instead of 5, I'll have 1 and that's 130 calories I don't regret because I still have a bunch left over to have a nice breakfast, lunch and dinner.
    I also don't struggle with controlling myself, so if I have one I don't need to go back for more. Some people will find that they can't have just one so they will have to be more restrictive and not allow themselves those treats. It's really up to that person and what they feel is most comfortable for them.

105 lbs is my goal for total weight loss. Going 7 months strong and have no intention of stopping. Good luck!
  • fourterrys
    fourterrys Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Been flexible eating (hate the word diet) forever! Bulking and cuts. You should enjoy yourself. People who kill themselves on a "diet" end up binge eating and destroying all their progress. Just hit your macros.

This... (although I don't know about bulking and cuts)

If you have a lot of weight to lose, you'll never be able to maintain if you're too restrictive. It has to be a lifestyle change, not just a "diet". I stay within calorie goal each day (or very close) and if I choose to eat too much I'll try to exercise a little more over the next couple days. Down 48 pounds since March!!! CICO... That's what its all about! Good luck on your journey!!!!
  • Wizeman22
    Wizeman22 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Add me
  • eskimohugger
    eskimohugger Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I've lost 90 pounds eating what my family eats just smaller portions, I allow myself cheat days on Friday & Saturday & I have 2 servings of Junk food a day! As long as I stay in my fat, carb, sugar goals :)

Yeah same!! Unfortunately I think I need to cut back because Ive been maintaining my weight :neutral: I gave blood to the American Red Cross and have been set back on my exercising since Ive been super light headed just from walking up stairs! :(
  • xKoalaBearx
    xKoalaBearx Posts: 181 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Same as everyone above.... I eat everything, just watch my CICO.... that's it!

Started 1 year ago, lost 60 lbs in 8 months, have been maintaining almost 5 months now, doing exactly the same thing I did to lose weight... just more calories now than when losing.
  • letitbe8807
    letitbe8807 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I have lost almost 80 pounds with "flexible dieting" I generally try to eat healthy (lean meat,fruits,vegetables, whole wheat carbs etc.) But I have "splurged" on many occasions. I've enjoyed many parties, family gatherings, outings and still lost weight. It is totally possible!
  • DrSelfish1131
    DrSelfish1131 Posts: 35 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I lost 7lbs in a month...eating almost anything except fast foods n sodas...just following IIFYM rule....
  • janiep81
    janiep81 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Flexible is the only thing that's sustainable for the long haul, at least for me. I have a couple of foods that I absolutely don't keep in the house and I know if I eat them its a sign of a bigger problem, but I've lost 35 pounds eating "everything in moderation."

However, I do make cleaner, greener, and leaner choices now, because it is most efficient and feels best to me. Feel free to peek at my diary. It's open.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!