Figuring out Macros for weight loss and getting toned

Options
Okay, I am trying to figure out what percentages I need to set my macros at to lose weight, and get toned. I have done quit some time doing research, but every website, book says something different.

Replies

• seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    There are wide ranges of acceptable macros. The most important thing is that it's satisfying to you so that you'll stick to it.

The suggested ranges are:

Carbs: 45%-65% of calories
    Protein: 10%-35% of calories
    Fat: 20%-35% of calories

You can go as low as you want on carbs and the upper limit for fat has recently been eliminated in the US.

Those ranges will give you enough of each macro for health. For weight loss, calories are what you need to watch so that you are in a deficit.

The MFP default is 50C-20P-30F and that's working fine for me for weight loss.
  • bendyourkneekatie
    bendyourkneekatie Posts: 696 Member
    Options
    seska422 wrote: »

The MFP default is 50C-20P-30F and that's working fine for me for weight loss.

Works well for me too, and as the fat's disappeared, the muscle underneath has been revealed, and I'm starting to look quite "toned"
  • feelnopain12
    feelnopain12 Posts: 10 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    40%C/40%P/20%F is ideal...i got issues with the low fat though so switched it to 40% C / 30% P / 30% F got from around 12% bodyfat to 6-7% with it..dont drop your calories too low, really no point in drastic weight loss :)