Feeling dizzy and nauseous

Options
MeiannaLee
MeiannaLee Posts: 338 Member
edited October 2015 in Food and Nutrition
Hi everyone!
Let me start by giving you guys some stats.
Im 5'1, 105 lbs. My sedentary maintenance calories are 1300. But on days that I exercise(5x a week. I burn 400-500 cals) I eat around 1700 calories.
So for the past two weeks Ive been feeling extremely dizzy and nauseous, I feel like throwing up. Ive also been constipated. And a few days ago I had a really weird spike in resting heart rate. It Shot up to 126 from its original 59.
I used to get migraines but they stopped when I cut out diet soda. (I used to drink over 80oz of diet soda a day).
I really dont know what to do anymore. Ive been to the doctors about a month ago but all my test results were fine. Does anyone have any ideas? Im so lost and tired of this stupid constant problem.

These are what my charts look like

6kbgqncciy95.jpg
m24gusp984r3.jpg
twwnt49pk54r.jpg
3667mqr6v396.jpg

Replies

• RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Increase fat and oils perhaps
  • LovingLife_Erin
    LovingLife_Erin Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Is pregnancy a possiblity? Your Doctor might be a good place to look for answers, if this continues.
  • MeiannaLee
    Options
    Is pregnancy a possiblity? Your Doctor might be a good place to look for answers, if this continues.

Not unless Im the virgin mary
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    You're not eating enough.
  • dondotwinks
    dondotwinks Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Have you checked blood pressure?
  • MeiannaLee
    Options
    Have you checked blood pressure?

I thought about this because it does run in my family. Are there at home tests for this?
    Is it possible for me to have developed a high blood pressure after only 2 months of visiting my doctor? :neutral:
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Exercise every other day instead ?
  • feelnopain12
    feelnopain12 Posts: 10 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    105 LBS is extremely low, may cause you to feel dizzy or nauseous. No one could tell you a precise answer your sugar is pretty high. What about your water intake?. If you are dieting and exercising and not drinking enough water it may cause issues. For me usual answers for this are Constipation = More water, increase fibre, add green tea (caffeine helps me). Dizzy Nausea = Water intake too low/ add ginger tea (very stomach settling helps against nausea) . Your calories are far too low for someone that exercises so bump it up, it wont cause any harm i promise :P
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    MeiannaLee wrote: »
    But on days that I exercise(5x a week. I burn 400-500 cals)

How long have you been following this exercise regime for and have you upped the intensity at any point?

Do you have any other symptoms which suggest an illness may be coming?
  • elka67
    elka67 Posts: 268 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Sounds like low blood pressure. Dehydration can make it worse.
    http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Blood-pressure (low)/Pages/Symptoms.aspx

Sorry, link not working but u could easily google.
  • MeiannaLee
    Options
    msf74 wrote: »

How long have you been following this exercise regime for and have you upped the intensity at any point?

Ive been doing that routine since mid August until now.
    And I only started to feel dizzy last week.to be honest I just thought I was consuming too much Aspartame.
    But I cut that out and I still feel sick :/
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    msf74 wrote: »

Ive been doing that routine since mid August until now.
    And I only started to feel dizzy last week.to be honest I just thought I was consuming too much Aspartame.
    But I cut that out and I still feel sick :/

You could just be coming down with something or have some vertigo.

It is worth checking your BP - you can do that at home with relatively inexpensive kits you can buy over the counter.

Alternatively, try exercising every other day as suggested and see if that helps.

If the problem persists see your doctor again.
  • andrikosDE
    andrikosDE Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    You are tiny, young and skinny.
    Eat more food!
    Make sure you get all the micros you need for such a low caloric input that you are on.
    Also, don't skip sodium (electrolytes in general) and drink lots of water.
  • Gianfranco_R
    Gianfranco_R Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options

Not unless Im the virgin mary

LOL, to see a doctor is still a good advise though

• brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    How did you determine that your sedentary need was only 1300? After running your stats through a couple of online calculators, that is slightly below your BMR which would put sedentary needs at about 1570. That, along with the symptoms, sounds a lot like undereating.
  • starling01
    starling01 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I went through something very similar for a couple of months. I ate more. I ate more fat. I ate more protein. I ate more salt. I drank more water. I cut way down on caffeine. I went through my annual physical at the time and the doctor found nothing (ear problems, blood pressure, etc.). Nothing. Finally it went away on its own. I've been going through really severe stress which might have something to do with it, and may mean it's going to come back. Are you dealing with something stressful?

You should see a doctor to rule out problems you may not think of.
  • anjeden
    anjeden Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Iron--might look at eating some more iron-rich foods!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    edited October 2015
    Options
    How did you determine that your sedentary need was only 1300? After running your stats through a couple of online calculators, that is slightly below your BMR which would put sedentary needs at about 1570. That, along with the symptoms, sounds a lot like undereating.

That is what I was kind of thinking too... The only people I know who have such low TDEE's are those with hypothyroidism.

Also, are you still trying to lose weight? Because you are almost underweight at this point (believe underweight is at 100 lbs). And if you are exercising regularly, you might find it more beneficial switching to the TDEE method were you eat the same amount of calories daily as exercise is already factored into the equation.

And it might be time to get some bloodwork done to see if you are deficient in anything.

• sinbadfxdl
    sinbadfxdl Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    It happened to me early on. Carb depletion resulting in an insulin crash. Became dizzy for a couple of hours. My body adjusted and then dropped 3 lbs of water weight within the next few days. Check and see if your pre diabetic.