Woke Up Defeated

Options
2»

Replies

• lacyjay87
    lacyjay87 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry you had a miserable night. Go get yourself a diet soda from a soda fountain. Sounds really good, and has a small amount of caffeine to perk you up. And I'm going to assume that when you say you haven't had anything but water for 9 days, you mean "to drink."

LOL yes only water to drink for 9 days I have been eating though LOL. I have not had milk tea coffee juice soda nothing. :) Thanks for the response.
  • lacyjay87
    Options
    VeryKatie wrote: »
    lacyjay87 wrote: »
    I woke up really overheated and sleepy even though I went to bed at 8pm. I never fully fell asleep. All I can think about is having a fountain soda!!! I have not had anything but water for 9 days! I have work out challenges I need to complete and b/c I am new to working out the exercises are simple, but even that seems overwhelming. My body says to eat...BUT I do not even want to do that. UGH. I hate this feeling! I need so motivation & encouragement wouldn't hurt.

Take a nap! Seriously. Being sleep deprived totally affects your mood and ability to stay on track. You might feel so much better when you do.

I think I might do that! thanks!
  • lacyjay87
    Options
    Frideee wrote: »
    I'm new and I came across a great thread a few minutes ago called "Just for Today". I posted my goals Just for Today. If I can just get through this one day I will be a success for today and start again tomorrow. Look up that thread. Its motivating me today.

Great I will look it up. :)
  • lacyjay87
    Options
    Rob_in_MI wrote: »
    We all feel like this often, whether people admit it or not. These choices right now are the difference between the old you and someone new.

Nailed it.

:)
  • lacyjay87
    Options
    I thought you all would like to know that I did not choose junk after all! I had a salad! My brother and his Girlfriend had sodas (fountain sodas at that!) they were right there....oh how I wanted one, BUT I DID NOT GIVE IN! I have never been so proud of myself during a weight loss journey before! Thank you all so much for your encouraging words and amazing advice and great ideas!
  • shrcpr
    shrcpr Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    I thought you all would like to know that I did not choose junk after all! I had a salad! My brother and his Girlfriend had sodas (fountain sodas at that!) they were right there....oh how I wanted one, BUT I DID NOT GIVE IN! I have never been so proud of myself during a weight loss journey before! Thank you all so much for your encouraging words and amazing advice and great ideas!

Good for you! Awesome job.
  • lacyjay87
    Options
    shrcpr wrote: »

Good for you! Awesome job.

Thank you
  • SpectacuLaura
    SpectacuLaura Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Sometimes you just have to give in to your temptations to keep some sanity and stay motivated. As long as you don't go overboard, you're still staying committed to your fitness goals.

I love yummy flavored coffee drinks but avoid them at all costs to stick with my goals. But sometimes (like this morning) I'm just tired and sore from the gym and irritable and it's Friday and I just want something yummy dammit! haha So I opted for a skinny sugar free vanilla latte instead of the full-fat mocha calorie bomb I would have got in the past. Now I'm happier, still made a better choice, and as long as it's not a daily habit, this one latte isn't going to ruin my entire weight loss journey.

Keep your head up, do what you need to stay motivated (and happy!) and don't give up! :)
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Just hold onto that awesome feeling you get when you stick to your goals. Nothing feels better than success... as opposed to guilt and regret!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Have a soda once a week, eat at a moderate deficit instead of choosing an aggressive weight loss goal, and ditch the "challenges". Unless it's just a typical workout routine. Things like squatting "x" amount per day are not effective, and if you aren't using proper form-just plain not good for you.
  • SpleenThief
    SpleenThief Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    You didn't wake up defeated. You woke up with a blank slate. Do with it what you will.
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    You didn't wake up defeated. You woke up with a blank slate. Do with it what you will.

There's my motto for today! Awesome words are awesome :smiley: