Trying to overcome the Yo-yo lifestyle

I'm working to overcome the Jo Jo life style. All my life I've been up-and-down up-and-down. I have 60 years old and the heaviest I've ever been. I'm frustrated and my metabolism has slowed and been messed up. Trying to get on track for the rest of my life. Thankfully I'm very healthy and want to stay that way.

Replies

• billiegirl17
    billiegirl17 Posts: 47 Member
    Hi.... OMG - I hear you. I am back on MFP after a long absense..... and re-gaining the 30 pounds I worked really hard to lose. I am kind of mad at myself for that. And I am 52, so I know what you mean about your metabolism - it just isn't as easy as it used to be. And I watch some of these work out videos and think "Are u kidding me". The one I did this morning had you getting on and off your knees repeatedly - with a weight in hand. I usully just modify in that case. Add me as a friend if you would like.
  • fabat52
    fabat52 Posts: 44 Member
    Hi I'm starting again too. I am 54 and initially started MFP 3 years ago. I went from 179 to 161 then I goofed off and have gone off and on a few times since but wasn't really committed. I came back from vacation to find I was the heaviest I have ever been at 190.8lbs. I knew it was time to get serious. In the last 8 days I have lost 7.4lbs. I have 150.4lbs left to reach goal. I too have to be careful what exercise videos I do so not to stress my right ankle and my left knee and a bulging disc in my back and a shoulder that likes to pop out of place. Wow I sound like I'm falling apart. Still I know exercise is important. If you want to friend me I am looking for those to encourage and be encouraged by. Also it's great to have friends who aren't 20 something and able to do whatever exercise they set there mind to.
  • Tilley_2015
    Tilley_2015 Posts: 2 Member
    Hi, I am re-joining MFP also after a year long absence. I too am tired of the yo-yo dieting. In 2012 when I first joined, I lost 17 pounds and I have put almost all of that back on. I really want to re commit to living a healthier lifestyle and getting it under control. I am 53 years and it sounds like we may be a good inspiration for each other. Sending you a friend request if you are interested. :smile: