Kettlebell on vacation - reaction from friends

Options
2»

Replies

• BalletAndBarbells
    BalletAndBarbells Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Trainers and running gear, fitness dvd and a skipping rope every time! Utilise the pool or sea for swimming too! Don't care what my travel companions think - I'm not screwing up my weight loss success because of a holiday and I want to enjoy the food and wine!
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Our first cruise had a gym, that I planned on utilizing, but I got drunk the first day, then sea sick the rest of the time. We're going on our second cruise over Christmas and I plan on fully utilizing the gym this time (wearing the patch and not getting drunk the first day). I worked out twice on vacation in Hawaii last July, and 2 or 3 days on vacation to a resort in Mexico this June. Even if I just get a 2 mile run in on the treadmill it gets me pumped for the day and feeling good in my swim suit, lol!
  • ScubaSteve1962
    ScubaSteve1962 Posts: 609 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    yusaku02 wrote: »
    Is it possible to get any lifting in during a cruise? I may be going on one in about a month or two and I'm curious if I'm doomed to body weight exercises for a week. :(

I did a Cruise with NCL last month, they had a very nice fitness center with plenty of equipment treadmills, ellipticals, bikes, spin class, some dumbbells, and weight resistance machines also the middle deck was where you could jog. Didn't open till 6 which was fine, was there every morning. A lot more equipment than hotel fitness centers. I usually try and keep my same work out schedule when I'm on vacation, unless I'm going diving, vigorous workout and diving doesn't mix well. Oh and I also got my drink on everyday :wink:
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options
    three years ago i might have said the same thing, once you explained to me what a kettle bell is. Now i probably would bring mine also so we can work out together.

I do not exercise whilst on holiday, but always get in more walking than i am used to. I dont think its any ones business if you want to get your work out on hols.

Enjoy.
  • nordlead2005
    nordlead2005 Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    To me, a week vacation is a break week from deliberate working out. I'll start working out again as soon as I get home. I'd rather spend my time enjoying the place I am and the people I'm with. However, on vacation we often bring bikes and do more riding than normal or even going for long walks, so it isn't like exercise completely disappears. On my last vacation I drove my van maybe one time for the entire week and every day we were out of the house twice (stopping back to get a shower after the beach), so tons of walking.

If you want to bring a kettlebell, then bring it and use it and everyone else will have to get over it. If you go out for a run, just tell them when you'll be back and if they should wait for you (of course, don't be holding everyone up either just so you can exercise at 9:30am when everyone wants to leave at 8:30).