Low carbs

Options
Hi, I'm a veggy but I'm trying to reduce my carbs. Since using fitness pal, I've realised a large percentage of my meals are quite high in carbs. Any advice please.

Replies

• kimberlyhurt
    kimberlyhurt Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    no meat and low carb is kind of hard. I'd suggest maybe a veggie stir fry without the rice, some veggie fajitas maybe with black beans for protein, or a vegetarian chili. good luck!
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    @RebeccaSutherland889 welcome to MFP forums.

When I cut my carbs to <50 grams daily for pain management I replaced a lot of them with vegan approved unrefined coconut oil from Kroger's. So that is about 500 calories of my carb calorie replacement in my first cup of coffee. Getting your protein may be more of a hassle but I am sure you worked that out long ago. Currently some bacon is about the only meat that I am eating but do eat a few eggs most days.

Do/can you use any form of milk?
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Eat more fat. Avocados, nuts... And get adequate protein. Do you eat tofu?
  • RebeccaSutherland889
    Options
    Hi All,

Thank you for your advice and support. I've been vegetarian for 35 years and always have a varied diet, but documenting it daily I've realised my weight gain is due to high carbs and fat from cheese. And yes protein is a bit had to keep on top off. I think I need to increase nuts, seeds and tofu and see how I go from there. Thank you all so much for responding.

Have a good day and be happy!!!
  • RebeccaSutherland889
    Options
    Eat more fat. Avocados, nuts... And get adequate protein. Do you eat tofu?

• RebeccaSutherland889
    Options
    Hi,

Thank you for your advice, yes I need to watch the protein and increase it I think.

Thank you for helping me.