PiYo yes or no

Options
I'm seriously considering starting the beach body piyo program but would love to hear people's thoughts on it. I adore both Pilates and yoga, and am thinking it will really help out with my running by building back my core strength.

Yes? No?

Replies

• mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    Sure, you can give it a try
    If it costs money I might go with YouTube videos that are free til you know if you like it
  • jeremywm1977
    jeremywm1977 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    I found it to be quite boring. Plus, I find Chalene Johnson annoying.
  • anicolem86
    anicolem86 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Piyo is love hate for me but I'm actually doing a second round right now in combination with t25 as I found a hybrid schedule. For me it helps to split it between the two programs so I don't get so burned out. To be honest I sometimes dread it but I feel incredible when I'm done.
  • LessthanKris
    LessthanKris Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    This was my last week of PIYO. I found it hard to get through and am actually not finishing the last few workouts and starting Body Revolution on Sunday. There are some good workouts but it is so much of the same thing for 60 days. I will use the workouts but not sure I would ever do the program again on its own.
  • eikalipse
    eikalipse Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    i do some muay thai twice a week and about 2-3 days of piyo. I dont stick to the program, just what feels right at that day and find it good for stretch and abs. Its good for overall muscle strengh as i am completely out of shape and it is not hard on your joints.
  • kaleforlife
    kaleforlife Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    fjrandol wrote: »
    I'm seriously considering starting the beach body piyo program but would love to hear people's thoughts on it. I adore both Pilates and yoga, and am thinking it will really help out with my running by building back my core strength.

Yes? No?
    I think that is a great plan of action. Piyo is for beginner/intermediate level. I just started it today coupled with walking. They push their Shakeology product but you can always say no.

Go for it!
  • TXGoal_Digger
    TXGoal_Digger Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I recently did a Piyo class. Id never even heard of it and was skeptical because I like vigorous high intensity workouts. I was blown away by this course. Give it a try!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I'm mixed on piyo. While it is fun, it also seems like a good way to get hurt, as the poses are so quick. I dunno.
    signed: does Pilates, does yoga.
  • lifeandleaves
    lifeandleaves Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    If it is movement and you enjoy it, go for it!