Slow weight loss

Options
I have a question here. Usually I don't consume a lot of food, but I do consume a lot of carbs I guess. I also usually walk on the treadmill or run for a long time. My question is why wouldn't I lose any weight if I constantly exercise and don't eat usually past 1800-2000 calories? For example runners usually carb load and it also could be water weight right. I do drink a lot of water and I am a male.

Replies

• DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,658 Member
    Options
    If you don't lose weight over time at 1800-2000 calories, then that's your maintenance level.

Words like "usually" often indicate that you don't actually know how much you're really eating overall, though.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    "Don't usually eat past 1800-2000". That's so vague and unspecific...I'm guessing you don't weigh/measure your food and/or log your food calories?

Assuming that's the case, I suggest you do so. Religiously. For two weeks. Get a true handle on EXACTLY what you're eating (in terms of how many calories).

Adjust downward from that number to lose weight (depending on how much you have to lose, somewhere between 250-500 calories per day is a good place to start)
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    You need to work out what you should be eating to lose weight (be it, 0.5lb per week or 1-2lb per week).

1800-2000 sounds like your maintenance level if you are remaining the same whilst eating that amount.