Its been two months

Options
2»

Replies

• middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,484 Member
    Options
    moochyesh wrote: »
    That's really good!!! :) What have you all been doing/eating?
    Working out six times a week burning 700 cal
    Eating 1400

Are you eating back a portion of your exercise calories 50-75%?
    If not you are eating a VLCD netting just 700 calories a day.
    With very few exceptions, adult women need a minimum of 1200 cal net to attain the mimimum nutrition needed for good health.

I am sorry, but I cannot congratulate you for putting your health at risk.

Cheers, h.
    If I have miss- read your quoted statement above, my apologies.
  • moochyesh
    moochyesh Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Eating 1400

With very few exceptions, adult women need a minimum of 1200 cal net to attain the mimimum nutrition needed for good health.

Cheers, h.

Thank you for the apology, not all ignorant and poorly founded comments offer that now a days so I will let it pass
  • wildflowergypsy38
    wildflowergypsy38 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Wonderful! Keep up the good work xx
  • mysteps2beauty
    mysteps2beauty Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Eating 1400

Cheers, h.

Thank you for the apology, not all ignorant and poorly founded comments offer that now a days so I will let it pass
    Eating 1400

Cheers, h.

Look at the age and ask yourself did you truly think you would get any other reply, if at all. SMH...
    Reminds me of my daughter....but I just shut my mouth, and let the chips land where they may....LOL...
  • middlehaitch
    Options
    Eating 1400

Cheers, h.

My comment was neither ignorant nor poorly founded it was based on a reply that you had made.

Eating 1400 cals a day, burning 700 cals a day, but not netting the 1400 is unhealthy.

I would hate for any of the 20 people who congratulated you to follow your eating and exercise pattern and fall ill because of it.

You didn't clarify if you were eating back your calories, so I stand by my lack of congratulations.

Some may let pass, or not comment on someone who had demonstrated an unhealthy eating pattern, I think it is detrimental to those who are lurking to do so. They need to know if a style of weight loss is unhealthy.

There was nothing to 'let pass'.

Cheers, h.
  • moochyesh
    Options
    As far as attacking my age that itself is very childish, if I remind you of your daughter and that's a bad thing then this is saying a lot about you, did you not raise her? I assume you had nothing better to say but just wanting to hop on the band wagon of my thread making it about exercise calories. I feel bad if you daughter lives in a way that her own mother belittles her because of her age and makes her feelings and responses not valid. I personally wouldn't be talking about my kids bad attitude or whatever you claim as it is not making neither I or her look bad in the least.

Second I was never asking in a non condescending or abrasive way if I ate back my exercise calories, I would have gladly given a response to a legitimate question however the person who asked had already assumed I didn't and made comments without waiting for an answer, I understand it's the internet age and you can say whatever you want and not feel bad, you can attack my age and laugh, but does it really make you look good?

If anybody else has any questions they would like to know and can ask in a way that they have not already answered for me I would be glad to awnser.

I will addd I have a personal trainer and nutrition coach who are helping me on my journey to weight loss
  • 2manyhats
    2manyhats Posts: 1,187 Member
    Options
    Good for you!
  • middlehaitch
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Eating 1400

Cheers, h.

I asked you didn't answer. End of story.
  • moochyesh
    Options
    Eating 1400

Cheers, h.

Actually what you had done was already assume what you thought before I could answer, you said you would not congratulate me for putting my health at risk. That was an assumption before I even had an answer. You answered for me and this is where the comment was poorly founded because you did not wait for a response or answer before making the conclusion. I have yet to been asked by someone who truly wants to know and not just assume what they want. Also this is my thread, you do not have the power to say when it is the end of the story, I understand you are trying to make your power trip seam legit instead of just admitting that the comment was not set up in a way to receive an answer.

I am still open to legitimate questions regarding my weight loss.
  • AmandaHugginkiss
    AmandaHugginkiss Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Wow. Are we really on the whole "OMG! You're going to die if you don't eat a minimum of 1200 NET calories every day" thing and the "I'm going to blow your good news out of the water with my sanctimony and superior knowledge" thing?

Really people. OP's been working on this for a whole 2 months, has a lot she wants to lose, and is eating 1400+ calories a day. All things considered, we all know that the exercise burned calorie allotment is way skewed in favor of saying we burn more calories than we actually do, and we also all know that the eaten calories are often skewed to reflect fewer calories than we actually consume. There are a million and one ways to lose weight, and in time OP will very likely up her calories and make alterations to her calories burned as she gets closer to goal weight. That's how this generally works. She's losing just over 2 pounds a week, and at her current weight, that is absolutely fine and on track.

Welcome to MFP, OP. Congratulations on the loss and I'm very excited you're lifting weights and thinking of fitness. Keep it up.
  • revolucia78
    revolucia78 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    As far as attacking my age that itself is very childish, if I remind you of your daughter and that's a bad thing then this is saying a lot about you, did you not raise her? I assume you had nothing better to say but just wanting to hop on the band wagon of my thread making it about exercise calories. I feel bad if you daughter lives in a way that her own mother belittles her because of her age and makes her feelings and responses not valid. I personally wouldn't be talking about my kids bad attitude or whatever you claim as it is not making neither I or her look bad in the least.

Second I was never asking in a non condescending or abrasive way if I ate back my exercise calories, I would have gladly given a response to a legitimate question however the person who asked had already assumed I didn't and made comments without waiting for an answer, I understand it's the internet age and you can say whatever you want and not feel bad, you can attack my age and laugh, but does it really make you look good?

If anybody else has any questions they would like to know and can ask in a way that they have not already answered for me I would be glad to awnser.

I will addd I have a personal trainer and nutrition coach who are helping me on my journey to weight loss

Congrats on your weight loss and for the way you stood up against others' assumptions! :)
  • Watch_Me_Rise
    Watch_Me_Rise Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Eating 1400

Cheers, h.

Actually what you had done was already assume what you thought before I could answer, you said you would not congratulate me for putting my health at risk. That was an assumption before I even had an answer. You answered for me and this is where the comment was poorly founded because you did not wait for a response or answer before making the conclusion. I have yet to been asked by someone who truly wants to know and not just assume what they want. Also this is my thread, you do not have the power to say when it is the end of the story, I understand you are trying to make your power trip seam legit instead of just admitting that the comment was not set up in a way to receive an answer.

I am still open to legitimate questions regarding my weight loss.

You go girl! Congrats on your journey so far, you're doing great!
  • rocknlotsofrolls
    rocknlotsofrolls Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Wow! Congratulations! That is great. In my experience, I have heard so many opinions from people, that I realize, whether they are good intended or not, I rely on my own body's signals. Everyone is different. If you feel good, have energy, and are losing fat, then you go girl!
  • bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. Lifting weights is great . I know it has helped me lose the sizes faster and look better .
  • klkarlen
    klkarlen Posts: 4,366 Member
    Options
    Wow. Are we really on the whole "OMG! You're going to die if you don't eat a minimum of 1200 NET calories every day" thing and the "I'm going to blow your good news out of the water with my sanctimony and superior knowledge" thing?

Really people. OP's been working on this for a whole 2 months, has a lot she wants to lose, and is eating 1400+ calories a day. All things considered, we all know that the exercise burned calorie allotment is way skewed in favor of saying we burn more calories than we actually do, and we also all know that the eaten calories are often skewed to reflect fewer calories than we actually consume. There are a million and one ways to lose weight, and in time OP will very likely up her calories and make alterations to her calories burned as she gets closer to goal weight. That's how this generally works. She's losing just over 2 pounds a week, and at her current weight, that is absolutely fine and on track.

Welcome to MFP, OP. Congratulations on the loss and I'm very excited you're lifting weights and thinking of fitness. Keep it up.

^^ - she beat me to it. I agree 100% with this post. Congrats on your progress!
  • CoffeeNCardio
    CoffeeNCardio Posts: 1,847 Member
    Options
    klkarlen wrote: »

^^ - she beat me to it. I agree 100% with this post. Congrats on your progress!

Another hell yeah from me! Both to the OP and the above!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!