The occasional indulgence

Options
Hello

I love the occasional or not so occasional chocolate fudge cake with ice cream. I want to know if anyone has found any desert combos or recipes that leave them satisfied but not horrendously obese?

Replies

• RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    My occasional treat is a set meal for one from my favourite Indian restaurant, around 3000 calories. Ice cream I eat almost daily, and I don't put weight on.
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    None of the desserts I eat leave me horrendously obese.
  • Whitezombiegirl
    Whitezombiegirl Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    I'm really into half a cinnamon roll quest bar heated in the microwave
    microwave- it's so good and 80 cals. I had a stunning summer berry pavlova at the weekend. Right now dessert is an orange sugar free jelly pot 4 cals. I also love half a sliced banana with Greek yoghurt and vanilla extract - which tastes like custard.
  • Purplebunnysarah
    Purplebunnysarah Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    I just build room in my calories for some sort of 250-400 calorie treat at the end of the day. Knowing I have it to look forward to keeps me from wasting the calories on something else the rest of the day. Right now I have cherry strudel sitting on my counter... Yum!

I got in the habit of doing this when I had gestational diabetes with my last pregnancy. I would have no sugar added ice cream as my bedtime snack because it hit my fat and carb targets, and then add cheese or peanut butter (not on the ice cream!) to get my protein.
  • ElJefeChief
    ElJefeChief Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    Double peanut butter Magnum bars. Usually two of them at a time.
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    So quadruple peanut butter. I like the sound of that.
  • VykkDraygoVPR
    VykkDraygoVPR Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I eat ice cream most days. If I don't have ice cream, I probably have chocolate, or maybe pie. I also have an ounce or two of whiskey most days. None of these things have impacted my weight loss, since I plan them.
  • kat_princess12
    kat_princess12 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Yasso frozen yogurt bars. 100 calories a bar so they're quite easy to fit into the day's plan, and they are delicious. Especially the chocolate chip cookie dough ones.
  • ManiacalLaugh
    ManiacalLaugh Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    Cookies and Cream ice cream sandwiches - 150 calories, almost daily, unless I'm in a rare mood for something else sweet.

Mini Brownie Concrete frozen custard from Ted Drewes - 400 calories (by estimation), as a rarer treat.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Caitwn wrote: »
    I often save room for a serving of Talenti gelato. In fact, I am going to check the store this weekend to see if they're released their eggnog flavor yet =P

Oooo, do post a review when you get it.

@lemurcat12 - I know you're a Talenti fan - have you had the eggnog?

• kshama2001
    Options
    One TOTALLY CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES is tremendously satisfying - truly "chocolatey to the point of madness"! I make a batch, cook just what we are going to eat that day, form the rest of the batter, and put it in the freezer.
  • kshama2001
    Options
    Peppermint Bark !!!
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    I ate banana cream cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory last night and I'm not obese. Or overweight. So maybe that's a good option?
  • Bshmerlie
    Bshmerlie Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I eat pizza at least once a week. I love pizza. The eye opening part I found to be true is if you don't eat the whole pizza its not such a big deal. :)
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    Haha, last time we drove to BC we actually made a detour into Washington just to buy Talenti... my husband wasn't too thrilled, it was already a 15 hour drive :D but it made me and the kids happy! The border guard's reaction was a bit funny though... what was your purpose to visit the US? Um, buying ice cream :grin: That's all you bought? Yup! Just go through then... (Glad he didn't ask how much we bought lol (9 tubs later...)
  • kshama2001
    Options
    Haha, last time we drove to BC we actually made a detour into Washington just to buy Talenti... my husband wasn't too thrilled, it was already a 15 hour drive :D but it made me and the kids happy! The border guard's reaction was a bit funny though... what was your purpose to visit the US? Um, buying ice cream :grin: That's all you bought? Yup! Just go through then... (Glad he didn't ask how much we bought lol (9 tubs later...)

That's hilarious!

• WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Hello

I love the occasional or not so occasional chocolate fudge cake with ice cream. I want to know if anyone has found any desert combos or recipes that leave them satisfied but not horrendously obese?

No individual food is gong to make you horrendously obese. Any food (that you don't have a medical reason to avoid) is fine to eat in the context of a primarily nutrient dense diet. What many people do is to try to find ways to fit in the foods they love in appropriate portions to help stay within their calorie deficit on a regular basis. I have wine, and something sweet pretty much every day. For a big blowout item/meal, a lot of people save up calories during the week so they can have a larger indulgence later on. Other people look for substitutions - chocolate mug cake or a fiber one bar, skinny cow ice cream bar, single serving dark chocolate, etc. You just need to figure out what approach works best for you.