Chinese Takeaway Calories

Options
They don't count, right?

Just kidding :wink:

I had a mushroom omelette with peas and a few chips, I know no-one knows exactly and there's so many variables but does anyone have a ball park figure for number of calories? I'm thinking of doing a quick add of 1000 calories, do you think that would cover it?

It was our anniversary treat :smile: Although now my stomach feels like I have just drank a bucket of concrete.

Replies

• Protranser
    Protranser Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Doesn't sound terrible but i haven't looked up the calorie totals myself... do a Google search for visual portion guide and see if you can guesstimate the amount of scrambled eggs you had in the omelette. I'd log .5 to 1 cup of peas, the same for mushrooms, and guesstimate my fries/chips. It's not going to be as accurate as weighing, but, you have live someimes, too. Leave yourself a food note in your diary to remind yourself that this meal/day is a little inaccurate
  • lc355
    lc355 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Thank you. I think if it was my cooking at home it would be under 600.
    But all that oil! Ewww.
    Strange how things don't seem so worth it once you see them in terms of numbers.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    I think that should be fine :]

I had a 'mini chinese' takeaway last weekend. I figured a portion of mushroom chow mein wouldn't cause too much damage! I weighed out around 150g worth and it came to around 750 calories - booooooo! Not fair!
  • Protranser
    Protranser Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I think that should be fine :]

I had a 'mini chinese' takeaway last weekend. I figured a portion of mushroom chow mein wouldn't cause too much damage! I weighed out around 150g worth and it came to around 750 calories - booooooo! Not fair!

oh gosh, that would upset me too :(
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    That should cover it.