Looking for some friends to start my journey

Options
I am new to "fitness" and weight loss. I have been an active athlete for most of my life and in the past never really had to worry about my weight or track my calories etc. During my youth and young adult years I developed terrible eating habits and an unbelievable love for fast food etc. it was never a problem because I had an active lifestyle and was always able to maintain a healthy weight.

About 10 years ago I started developing a chronic disc issue that severely limited my ability to compete in the sports I love. Instead of picking up some other form of exercise I became quite sedetary. Over the past 10 years I have slowly added about 50 pounds. I have "crash dieted" several times and lost weight only to gain it back. I am looking to adopt a much healthier lifestyle, exercise and eating program to loose weight and maintain it.

Looking for some people that are in the same boat as I am. I am hoping that we could push each other could benefit from mutual support group.

Replies

• HeleneFerreira
    HeleneFerreira Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello, my journey started in 1978, two separate car accidents, many broken bones including injuries to my back I used to be very active, for the last 18 years have worked at a desk job and I know that has contributed to weight gain. I love food. We just need to find better ways to cook healthy, nutritious food and get more active! Myself, I have a lot to loose and have just started back again this week. I had lost 47 lbs last year and then the anniversary of my 29 yr old sons death September 17, 2013, followed by my boyfriend passing away October 19, 2014, it sent me into a tail spin and I think I just gave up!

I have rejoined the gym and have been tracking everything I eat on here. I KNOW I can do this! I know its about mindful healthy eating and pushing ourselves to move! I miss hiking and want to get back to being able to hike at Lake Tahoe and other places.

Hopefully we can all encourage each other!
  • CurvesCreations22
    CurvesCreations22 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    Feel free too add me for motivation. We can do this. :)
  • Blazing_Brunette
    Blazing_Brunette Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Add me ...