Ladies - chafing issue!

Options
2»

Replies

• kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    Better bra and/or Vaseline. I have a hot spot on my sternum that I always have to lube up before long or sweaty runs. But if I forget, I have Aquaphor on hand (left over from a recent tattoo) that I use on the chafe after I shower and that helps it heal much faster.
  • oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    Better bra - get professionally fitted and be prepared to drop some cash. Where are you chafing? Around the straps or band, or your actual boobs? I'm pretty blessed in the chest department and I swear by Triumph Tri-action.
  • marykate_1203
    marykate_1203 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    body glide or good ole vaseline.
  • quiltlovinlisa
    quiltlovinlisa Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    You'll want to be careful, if your chafing is cause by a yeast imbalance, baby powder will "feed the yeast" and make it oodles worse. I had a spot that went raw and bloody when I tried baby powder.

I use lotion with tea tree oil in it. I put it on after showering in all the problem spots and it keeps me chafe free.
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    Something to reduce the friction, body glide or other running blister prevention rubs would be good. Be sure to shower as quickly as possible after your workout. And maybe find a bra with a different fit, some kind of comfort band might help.
  • mandarkio
    mandarkio Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    omma_to_3 wrote: »
    Body glide works fairly well. If that doesn't do it, buy some KT tape and put over the area before your workout!

good idea!

• mandarkio
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    I think a bigger question is where are you chafing? because that could change the answer- if you're getting nipple chafe- your bra is probably moving to much- in which case "better fitting bra= less movement = less friction = less chafing

this. but i didn't want to come out and say it, hahaha!

next payday i'll be looking for a better bra for sure.

i have two at the mo, both are pull-on-over-the-head deals. one has cups so i can wear it on its own, but i get quite a lot of chafing. the other is just a crop top thing that flattens me a bit, but i have to wear a normal bra underneath because the girls won't be contained :p
  • lisan1209
    lisan1209 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    you can also turn your sports bra inside-out so the seams are on the outside! Also try body glide! if nothing else you can always wrap seran wrap underneath :)
  • mandarkio
    Options
    thanks everyone for your hints and tips :)
  • mandarkio
    Options
    lisan1209 wrote: »
    if nothing else you can always wrap seran wrap underneath :)

really?! hahaha i'd look even sexier in the changing room ;)

• Adalaide159
    Adalaide159 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Baby powder has always helped my thighs chaffing. It's worth a shot for your issue. :)