Something strange that bothers me.

xMiracat
xMiracat Posts: 67 Member
Idk how many of you are familiar with the show Biggest Loser but I decided to give it a try. I will admit it does motivate me to work out but the thing that bothers me is when these people start losing a lot of weight and they to my weight which is 165lbs. They look so much bigger than me. Or I'm much bigger than I think I am. At 5'3 at 165. But I can fit into size 9-10 jeans. So I'm like do I really look that big at 165 when the people on the show get 165 or lower they still look really overweight. Idk its strange. Lol

Replies

• mari_rey
    mari_rey Posts: 8 Member
    It may have to do with build or body shape? I'm 5'3" 157 and i wear a 10-12 in jeans. I carry weight in my belly, face, arms, generally my upper body. My ideal weight, where I seem to balance out the best is around 130-135. So, right now at this weight I look pretty big :(
  • xMiracat
    It may have to do with build or body shape? I'm 5'3" 157 and i wear a 10-12 in jeans. I carry weight in my belly, face, arms, generally my upper body. My ideal weight, where I seem to balance out the best is around 130-135. So, right now at this weight I look pretty big :(

yea im not trying to be mean or anything to the people on the show it just sometimes 165 looks really big on them and im like i hope i dont look that big and if i do i got some serious work to do lol

• Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Definitely has to do with body shape. I am exactly like you OP in size and weight. I have to wear size 14 pants. You can't expect everybody to look the same at the same weight. Ah.. the struggles. :tired_face:
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,368 Member
    I've always weighed more than people think I do...I claim my organs are really heavy...only logical explanation
  • blu_de_ville
    blu_de_ville Posts: 4,296 Member
    I don't like that show. The title alone offends me.
  • Dutchy_77
    Dutchy_77 Posts: 1,695 Member
    synchkat wrote: »
    I've always weighed more than people think I do...I claim my organs are really heavy...only logical explanation

Probebly a big heart
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Yes, you really look that big. Unless your body fat percentage is something outrageous and you're solid muscle.
  • _SummerGirl_
    _SummerGirl_ Posts: 3,791 Member
    People are always surprised when I tell them how much I weigh. I've given up using the scale. I think my bones are super heavy...sturdy, possibly why I've never broken one? I'm 5'5" and between 146-150.
  • WarDamnJay
    WarDamnJay Posts: 1,916 Member
    People are always surprised when I tell them how much I weigh. I've given up using the scale. I think my bones are super heavy...sturdy, possibly why I've never broken one? I'm 5'5" and between 146-150.

Unbreakable?!
  • TrailBlazzinMN
    TrailBlazzinMN Posts: 509 Member
    edited October 2015
    Yes, you really look that big. Unless your body fat percentage is something outrageous and you're solid muscle.

Which could happen.

I always thought that many people on The Biggest Loser looked bigger than what they weigh. Someone was around 200 pounds on there and still looked a lot bigger than a friend of mine who was also close to 200 and at the same height. It's weird.
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,368 Member
    jpderidder wrote: »
    synchkat wrote: »

Probebly a big heart

hahaha that's definitely not it!

The organs...although maybe I have dense bones too
  • xMiracat

Which could happen.

I always thought that many people on The Biggest Loser looked bigger than what they weigh. Someone was around 200 pounds on there and still looked a lot bigger than a friend of mine who was also close to 200 and at the same height. It's weird.

Ha-ha I'm glad it not just me then cause I thought the same thing even when I looked up the contestants height.

• khara2012
    khara2012 Posts: 1,051 Member
    It bothers me when a find a pair of jeans that I LOVE but the backside puckers at the waist. :(
  • xMiracat
    khara2012 wrote: »
    It bothers me when a find a pair of jeans that I LOVE but the backside puckers at the waist. :(

haha same especially on shorts.
  • MiSo_SeXy
    MiSo_SeXy Posts: 210 Member
    Same... I'm 5'3 at 166 and I'm pretty sure I'm an Apple body shape. My friends that are about the same weight carry it much better than i do... I'm all Boobs and stomach :s
  • xMiracat
    MiSo_SeXy wrote: »
    Same... I'm 5'3 at 166 and I'm pretty sure I'm an Apple body shape. My friends that are about the same weight carry it much better than i do... I'm all Boobs and stomach :s

I'm pear shape its all in my butt and thighs haha my bf think it's sexy but I don't lool so hard to find jeans that fit for my body type loool
  • PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,276 Member
    MiSo_SeXy wrote: »

Me too on the shape. It makes me hate jeans. It's like they're all made for pears.