beginner jogger

Options
2»

Replies

• tkfunkyfrogg
    tkfunkyfrogg Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    The C25K mentioned previously is great for having that virtual "trainer" there to tell you when to walk and jog. Another thing is to start out with 15-30 minutes of "walk to the lamp post, now jog to the next one" and so forth until your time is up for 3-4 x week. ALWAYS warm up by walking at a clip first because you WILL injure yourself otherwise. People dogging the treadmill, phooey on you all haha! I have no dirt trails near me so I run lots of miles on a paved path and supplement some runs on a treadmill. I agree it gets boring and 6 miles is my limit on a treadmill. On a positive note, I do run faster on the treadmill so I can get it over with and I am not distracted by wildlife (seriously, deer jumped out at me, chipmunk almost tripped me, snake scared me, and I scared another snake to keep it from eating the frog on the trail on my last run outdoors). Each has its place.

Whatever way you do things, have short-term goals to go with whatever your long-term goal is. Otherwise your motivation will wane. "I want to run a 5k (3 miles) in under 40 minutes" or something. Look at local races that are a couple months out (or more if you like) and sign up. That will hold you accountable. Good luck!!