iPhone steps and activity level

Options
I've been having all sorts of trouble getting exercise synced with MFP. At one point I had MapMyWalk syncing, but then suddenly the iPhone steps finally started syncing as well. I was worried they were double counting my walks. Now I'm not sure they were, but it took me several days after fiddling with things to get anything to sync. So now, MapMyWalk won't sync, but iPhone steps started counting again. My question is what I should set my activity level at. I'm getting about 5-6000 steps a day without my walks, but over 10,000 with the walk. Should I set to sedentary and then let the iPhone steps add extra calories? Unfortunately it seems you can't do negative adjustments on the iPhone steps yet. I worry a bit when it starts giving me extra calories for very few steps - not many, but by breakfast with about 400 steps taken, I'll have 5 extra calories.
Also if anybody has suggestions on how to make it sync with MapMyWalk again I would love to try that. Thanks.

Replies

• Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    I have no help, but will commiserate. I don't know what happened to Map My Walk, but it became very hit-or-miss as far as synching to other things.

I thought maybe it was my phone, but I just got a new phone and it isn't working on this one, either.

I'm in an exercise challenge right now, but when that's over, I'm dropping Map my Walk. I love how it draws lines on a map, but it's too unreliable and must go. My iPhone can count my steps and it will post to he Health app, so fine by me,