¿3,000 proper calories?

Options
My daily calorie goal is 3,000. However I consistently go over on most nutrients and I'm consistently under on others. Over: fat, protein vitamin C. Under: carbs, fiber.

Replies

• Frostyiihqs8
    Frostyiihqs8 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I always go over for carbs and fat. i try to go over on protein (not too much), you do not want to go over on sodium or sugar for weeks. Vit. C is ok to go over o n.. protein and carbs--- depends ON UR goals. Fiber is also a nutrient
  • craigscollegemail
    Options
    I've gone over by 30-100 grams of protein will this negatively effect my health? What's a good source of fiber and carbs?
  • Frostyiihqs8
    Frostyiihqs8 Posts: 7 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I've gone over by 30-100 grams of protein will this negatively effect my health? What's a good source of fiber and carbs?
    Not in the short term. You must be cutting.
    Oatmeal,
    brown rice,
    bread,
    pasta,
    flax seeds (ground)
    rasberries (fiber)
  • craigscollegemail
    Options
  • RedWolf09
    RedWolf09 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Play around with foods that fit your goals. Going over on protein won't hurt you, but going over on fat may have you feeling slow and bogged down.
  • RedWolf09
    RedWolf09 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Also of you're bulking try to put your focus on carbs.
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    Cereal!(: fruits, starchy veggies, oats, rice, ice cream;p
  • _benjammin
    _benjammin Posts: 1,224 Member
    Options
    ... you do not want to go over on sodium or sugar for weeks ... Fiber is also a nutrient

Bollocks
  • _benjammin
    _benjammin Posts: 1,224 Member
    Options
    When bulking, extra protein is wasted, carbs will provide more fuel for workouts and recovery. Calories are king though, too many and you'll be gaining more fat, too few and no gaining.
  • craigscollegemail
    Options
    Thanks for the advice all.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    Not in the short term. You must be cutting.
    Oatmeal,
    brown rice,
    bread,
    pasta,
    flax seeds (ground)
    rasberries (fiber)

how would going over on protein by 30-100 grams affect health in the long term????
  • adrianakret
    adrianakret Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Fiber is so important bc it will help keep you feeling full bc of how slowly it digests. I'm always struggling trying to keep up with my fiber intake