Sugar-free grain-free peanut butter banana muffins

Options
Funnylittlenut
Funnylittlenut Posts: 72 Member
This is the easiest recipe EVER and so good. I love this because it only has real food ingredients in it. I used Pic's peanut butter because it has no added sugar or vegetable oil, although it does have some salt.

1 cup nut butter of choice (I suggest a chunky one for texture)
2 bananas
2 eggs
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar

Mash the bananas and then beat the eggs in a bowl first, then combine all ingredients. Bake at 180 C for 20 minutes and hey presto~

Makes 8 nice big muffins or 10-12 small ones.

I added a few squares of refined sugar free dark chocolate, chopped, and this bumped the calories up to 180 for 12 smalls. The person I got this recipe off added blueberries instead. She also didn't use vanilla, which would give the muffins a more peanut-y flavour, but in my opinion vanilla really does take the muffins up a notch.

Enjoy~

Replies

• bluefish86
    bluefish86 Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    Bookmarked to try later... thanks! :)
  • Funnylittlenut
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Acg67 wrote: »
    So bananas and eggs are now sugar free? Where can I find these varieties?

Baking powder and vanilla essence are "real food ingredients", then what are fake ingredients?

Don't pretend you don't know what I mean. I didn't feel the need to be precise since my meaning is pretty clear. Obviously these are not free from naturally occurring sugars, only refined sugar. One can't steer completely clear of sugar, nor would one want to.

'Real food' is a buzz term that's been going around the internet these days so I can understand why my using it would piss you off, but I've been using it since I was little. Whenever I asked my mom if I could have a chocolate bar when I was hungry, my mom would say, "No, if you're hungry, you eat real food. Chocolate isn't real food." 'Real food' meant it had nutritional value. I'll admit baking powder doesn't really provide anything but at least it doesn't take up space in your stomach that could have been filled by nutritious food sources.
    how long will it last?
    would bananas cooked go bad after a day or two?

I'm not sure how different the shelf life of these muffins would be from regular ones, since they don't have flour. I'd say to be safe, treat them like regular baking - regular muffins are still good for a few days on the counter, a week in the fridge, and a few months in the freezer. I would recommend keeping these in the fridge or freezer. Since they're grain-free, it shouldn't affect the texture. Making a batch and popping them in the freezer sounds like a great idea to me - these make a great filling and healthy snack. I haven't worked it out but from what I know of the ingredients, each of 12 small muffins would have at least 5g of protein.
  • Tawnykakers1
    Tawnykakers1 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the recipe! Looks better than traditional muffins. I am definitely making them this weekend.
  • Funnylittlenut
    edited October 2015
    Options

Why does it matter so much to you the way I prefer to eat? I'm sharing a recipe online that I enjoy so that others can enjoy it to. Does that warrant being attacked?

I know you are a troll and I'm being silly to answer you. I think I'll try to get your posts blocked from this page.