New to Sharing on MFP

grichards
grichards Posts: 4
edited September 21 in Introduce Yourself
Hi, I've been a memeber of MFP for awhile but never shared information. I feel really good today. I'm on track and eating healthy and this is what it's all about! I have issues with binge eating. In the past I've reacted to "life's probelms" by trying to eat them away. And you know what....it doesn't work! I'm trying to change this part of my life and I know it won't be easy to change something I've been doing for so long but I'm going to work hard at it and I won't give up on myself. I am worth the hard work! Any encouragement is welcomed!

Replies

• sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Welcome and may the luck of the Irish be with you
  • cynditoney
    cynditoney Posts: 90
    Hi!!! Find something else to do. I had a problem with eating- emotional and boredom, both. Now when I get angry, I take it out on the sidewalks. It keeps me and my husband ( usually the source of emotional eating, lol) from arguing, as well as keeps me as far away from the food as possible. You are worth the effort, and you will find your substitute for eating.
  • danazsweet
    danazsweet Posts: 52
    I also have a problem with emotional eating. I had to find a new way to deal with life on life's terms instead of turning to food. OA.org is a great place to learn how to deal with feelings (boredom is a feeling too!) without eating over them. I love MFP too! It keeps me honest about my food, and helps me make better choices when I'm out (look up calorie counts on my phone). I am very happy with my results so far! Keep up the great work!
  • Jlujoker
    Jlujoker Posts: 1
    I have also been on MFP for quite some time and did not really pay attention to the fact that there was a community. I am concentrating on adding as much phsycial activity to each day as possible while eating healthy foods every meal. According to MFP my caloric intake should only be 1,200 to reach my goal. I am losing weight, but not consistently. I have talked to quite a few people whom I consider knoledgeable on this topic and they advised that my caloric intake was to low which was causing my body to go into starvation mode. They advised me to gradually increase my caloric intake up to 2,000 calories per day and continue to work out at the maximum intensity possible every day. Should I listen to them or to MFP or a little of both?

Thank you.
  • grichards
    grichards Posts: 4
    Hi,

My nutritionist put me on 1400 calories a day. I think it all depends on how much you have to lose and how much exercise you do. I'm of the frame of mind that I don't want to work out at a maximum each day because at some point that's going to get old. If your body is used to getting 2000 calories a day and you work out at a maximum each day,what will happen when you don't work out at a maximum....you'll gain weight. Maybe 1200 calories a day is too low for you. Are you hungry at the end of the day? Somwhere between 1200 and 2000 calories a day is your number of calories but I would be careful listening to someone who isn't qualified to answer that. Maybe you could talk to a nutrionist and get their advise?????
This discussion has been closed.