Previous strategy - no longer working.

Options
124»

Replies

• BreederUK
    BreederUK Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    End of month weigh in = 142.6kg. End of month target = 145kg.
    Target beaten by 2.4kg.

Feeling totally motivated for February!

Fitbit.png
  • Chupiite
    Chupiite Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hmm, yes I would advise myself for you to get food scale, I can see that your rounded cal numbers aren't right, whole banana is actually pretty much 105 calories, 400 cal for chicken is a lot of protein if you really eating whole 400 as one breast could be around 140calories. So yes, you can get nice and cheep scales in Argos :) good luck!
  • leighkay123
    leighkay123 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have run up against quite a few brick walls in my journey. I am looking into rebootedbody.com. There's a podcast and a ton of articles about getting past the roadblocks, plus there's a program with private coaching available that sounds pretty cool.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,724 Member
    Options
    Looks like your original post was a long time ago, and I admit to not reading the whole thread because it is either do so, or quickly throw a couple of pointers.

You only show a couple of weight in points. Your water weight changes faster than your underlying weight level. Get a weight trend tracking program. increase the frequency of your weigh ins.

Your logging is not what one would call accurate. The type of chicken matters, how it was cooked matters. What sauce or oil or butter went into the pot or the mayo you added to the chicken on your plate could matter even more than the chicken itself. Quantities are not mentioned.... you're going off portion size? And eyeballing it? So logging... correct entries, correct weight, broken down.

You should probably be aiming at 2500 given the amount of training you do. Or 2000 if you reduce your cardio.

I see above that you're doing good in February. But I really think you should check out the trending weight programs: they will help you a lot by detaching transient changes from your weight level changes.

www.trendweight.com <--through supported scale or free fitbit.com account (even without a band)
    www.weightgrapher.com <-- manual input
    Libra <-- android
    Happy Scale <-- iphone.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,724 Member
    Options
    If you have an Aria scale, use trendweight.com automatically.

Stop believing a single iota of information about Fat mass and fat free mass from the Aria scale.

a) bioimpedence is not reliable... this can be found via multiple sources.

b) my n=1 says that NONE of the info provided by the Aria is relevant (as compared to consecutive DXA scans during the same time frame.

Generically the Aria correctly predicted that Fat % decreased as weight decreased <-- given the lbs involved it would be impossible not to.

In terms of beyond that it:
    did NOT correlate correctly to fat vs lean mass lost as per dxa whole body
    did NOT correlate correctly to fat vs lean mass lost as per dxa legs only
    did NOT correlate correctly to fat vs lean mass lost as per dxa legs+pelvic region

did NOT correlate to ANYTHING other than itself and to showing less fat as weight went down.... by a random % that incorrectly showed the split between fat and fat free mass.
  • BreederUK
    Options
    I should point out that I'll logging my food accurately using MFP by weighing. I wasn't actually looking at % body fat from Fitbit or anything else in Fitbit too much. I was looking at my net mass lost which was confirmed by a different set of scales and also the decrease in my waist measurement using a tape measure. Also the fact that I've dropped one trouser size since the start of the New Year.
  • BreederUK
    Options
    I have a Fitbit Charge HR as well as the Fitbit Aria. TrendWeight looks interesting I'll take a look at it tomorrow. The reason I weigh myself once a week is because daily movements are meaningless. But if this software has an algorithm that can analyse it into something meaningful I would definitely be interested.