Shirataki Noodles question??

I'm new to these but I can see how people like them. I have been using the "dry frying" method with success. My question is can I dry fry a bunch of them and keep them in the fridge to add to other things later? Any tips would be appreciated.

Replies

• mperrott2205
    mperrott2205 Posts: 737 Member
    Yes.
  • Protranser
    Protranser Posts: 517 Member
    Thank you for this post! I am going to try a package of this over the weekend. Maybe two!
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    edited October 2015
    Dry fried shirataki is awesome! :)
    Make sure to rinse them really well before cooking.
    I used to fry up a couple packets for later meals, but I never kept them for longer than a week after frying.
  • Protranser
    Protranser Posts: 517 Member
    Are they slippery like noodles when dry fried? Or is it drier, more like pasta? I am really interested in these since this post
  • Kimegatron
    Kimegatron Posts: 772 Member
    How do you get then dried
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Protranser wrote: »
    Are they slippery like noodles when dry fried? Or is it drier, more like pasta? I am really interested in these since this post

They are closer to pasta or a rice noodle once you dry fry them. Straight out the bag...that's a no no.

And yeah OP, you can dry fry up a bunch and keep them in the fridge.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Kimegatron wrote: »
    How do you get then dried

Just put them on the skillet on medium heat. Don't add anything to the pan. They'll start to dry out after 3 minutes but I usually keep them on longer. They start to make a squeaking sound once they're done. Move them around a bit with a fork or tongs during the process.