Who's Willing To Admit This?

Options
How many of you have hit the "Complete Entry" button on your app at the end of the day and then continued to eat? I will be the first to admit I have done it on a number of occasions. I am only deceiving myself and hurting myself. Perhaps I should not hit the button until I am in bed with my teeth brushed!

Replies

• mousie1973
    mousie1973 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I will hit it after i am done with dinner... but if i do eat after that, i will go back and add to the diary under "make additional entries"... but yes i have eaten after i complete entry...
  • MarcyKirkton
    MarcyKirkton Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Just edit the next day.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    As long as you log anything you eat after you hit "Complete Entry," it isn't going to harm you. You're still recording the calories that you are consuming.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    When I logging I usually didn't log dinner until the next day, so that was never an issue for me. I never hit that button though.
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    That button gets hit sporacticly the next day
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Just edit the next day.

That's what I do as well, there is no point in trying to cheat, your body knows you ate or drank it.
  • Faith4eva31
    Faith4eva31 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I try and limit myself on late night snacking by doing that, but if I eat after I completed my entry for the day I just go back and add. Then I hit it again.
  • Bukawww
    Bukawww Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I never press that button...ever.
  • jaga13
    jaga13 Posts: 1,149 Member
    Options
    I never hit complete. What's the use of it? It's all there and recorded any way.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    Bukawww wrote: »
    I never press that button...ever.

I never do either.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I try and limit myself on late night snacking by doing that, but if I eat after I completed my entry for the day I just go back and add. Then I hit it again.

Weird, my button always just says add another entry afterwards. I've never looked to repress it.
  • ald783
    ald783 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I hit complete after I brush my teeth but if I eat something after I add it. It's not something where I feel like a deviant if I eat after clicking it. It's all being tracked regardless.
  • husseycd
    husseycd Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I don't ever "complete entry". What you eat is what you eat, regardless of whether you press that button or not.
  • dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I don't even use it. I mostly forget, to be honest!
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 8,000 Member
    Options
    OP, I have done it a couple of times. On both occasions, I had no intentions of eating more, but I was really hungry and thought I would just have a bite of something little. Well, that bite became several mouthfuls. I felt terrible! My biggest regret was being deceitful to my MFP friends. You know you are lying to yourself, but your friends are accepting your news feeds as truthful and accurate. This alone keeps me in line the vast majority of the time I hit that "complete" button.
  • AspenDan
    AspenDan Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    I think I've hit complete entry like...twice?
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    Options
    Sure, I've continued to eat...and continued to log.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Several times, but I still log it...

Now I don't even bother hitting the complete button.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    I did because I thought that was the only way to save my logged info. Once I realized the info is saved even if I don't "complete" my diary, I don't bother. You can do it all you want and log afterwards. It doesn't make a difference.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    I hit the complete entry after I ate Thanksgiving dinner and it was mind boggling! LOL