Air Fryers

Options
Has anyone used an air fryer? I really am thinking about getting one, but don't know of anyone who has tried one. If so, please let me know your experience with them and please let me know what brand and model you purchased. Thanks!

Replies

• Pawsforme
    Pawsforme Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    I don't have one, but I know someone on another board who raves about how awesome they are. She liked hers so much she bought another one so she could cook two things at the same time. I don't know what brand she has, though.
  • JeffBrown3
    JeffBrown3 Posts: 161 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    frying with air is not frying
    if you are using air, isn't then just an oven?

added: read the reviews - here is one
    First things first. This is not a fryer but a mini convection oven and it performs similarly to other convection ovens, majority of which are far more versatile and are selling for less.
    http://www.amazon.com/Philips-HD9220-26-AirFryer-Technology/dp/B00D7N43UA
    scroll to the bottom to read reviews

Thanks for the input, those are some great points. If I was in my new house already, I'd have my wall oven with convection. I really need something temporary to last another 6-8 months until I'm ready to move in. Thank you!!
  • JeffBrown3
    Options
    Pawsforme wrote: »
    I don't have one, but I know someone on another board who raves about how awesome they are. She liked hers so much she bought another one so she could cook two things at the same time. I don't know what brand she has, though.

Thanks for the reply, she must really love hers lol. I think I'm gonna buy one, if I don't like it I can always find someone who will put it to good use. Thanks again!
  • Lynzdee18
    Lynzdee18 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Tefal Actifry! I love it. My husband who loves fried foods learned to love it. Crispy. Low fat. Easy to clean. Quick. Just kinda big to store. But we likely use it 2 or 3 times a week.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    I have a Tefal Actifry too and use it most days for veggies, chicken nuggets or fries for the kids
  • JeffBrown3
    Options
    Lynzdee18 wrote: »
    Tefal Actifry! I love it. My husband who loves fried foods learned to love it. Crispy. Low fat. Easy to clean. Quick. Just kinda big to store. But we likely use it 2 or 3 times a week.
    nvmomketo wrote: »
    I have a Tefal Actifry too and use it most days for veggies, chicken nuggets or fries for the kids

Thank you both for the suggestion. I have been looking at a Philips brand one, but I will definitely look those up. I love my fried foods sometimes and no matter what I try in the oven, it just isn't the same. I'd use it mostly for eggrolls and sweet potato fries. Thanks again!!
  • chezzabelle82
    chezzabelle82 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I have to say I love my health fryer I use it for loads and I even do jacket potatoes In it they taste great here is the one I have

http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/household-appliances/small-kitchen-appliances/small-cooking-appliances/fryers/breville-halo-health-fryer-white-12424925-pdt.html