Going to a Potluck tonight - help !!

Options
JullesBurn
JullesBurn Posts: 18 Member
edited October 2015 in Food and Nutrition
I'm going to a Potluck tonight with a bunch of girl friends. Lot's of ethnic high calorie foods. I'm hoping to stay on track - without being the person who eats nothing.... suggestions?

I'm saving most of my calories for tonight so I'll have 1200 I can eat.

Also - what should I bring that I can make without much fuss on short time frame? - I will be going to the grocery store.

Replies

• BlendaBrenda
    BlendaBrenda Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    What I would do is limit myself to only one plate, and look over everything before you serve yourself.
    Choose a couple of things you know you like, get a reasonable portion, and enjoy. You know how you grab some of everything, and some of it isn't good? Don't waste calories on the so-so foods.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Check out the recipes forum for ideas. Lots of good stuff in there.
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    Eat small portions within your calorie target. Kinda like every day, probably.
  • JullesBurn
    JullesBurn Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    What I would do is limit myself to only one plate, and look over everything before you serve yourself.
    Choose a couple of things you know you like, get a reasonable portion, and enjoy. You know how you grab some of everything, and some of it isn't good? Don't waste calories on the so-so foods.

Brilliant. If it's so so and its not on my plate, I won't eat it, because everyone else is just sitting there, eating....