Stop? Pause? Keep going?

Options
I have hit healthy bmi :) but not my original goal. I am happy with how I look, though, except for the loose skin, which is now kicking in. I have lost 4 stone in 7 months but it wasn't lifelong weight. Do I : a) stop now b) give it a rest to allow my skin to catch up c) keep going regardless? I am thinking pause. What do you reckon?

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Lifting?
  • afatpersonwholikesfood
    Options
    Only you can answer that. If you're happy with your weight, then there's nothing wrong with giving maintenance a try. I am not too sure about the skin catching up. I don't think that actually happens. I know people say that a lot, but I think the elasticity is gone regardless of rate of loss or time that passes. I'm not an expert, though.
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    d - look into some type of resistance training; weights or dumbbells or body weight exercises
  • Carnhot
    Carnhot Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Yes, I am changing the balance of my gym work to reduce cardio and increase strength and resistance training. Thanks.
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    Bmi not a good measure. ....use percent bodyfat instead.
  • Carnhot
    Options
    Yes, looking to buy calipers. Thanks.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Carnhot wrote: »
    Yes, I am changing the balance of my gym work to reduce cardio and increase strength and resistance training. Thanks.
    http://www.bodyrecomposition.com
  • Carnhot
    Options
    Thank you L4L, that looks interesting. I think I am going to slow my weight loss right down, reconfigure how I spend my gym time, moisturise and hydrate like crazy and see what happens.