Substitute for Icecream?

Options

Replies

• ncmedic201
    ncmedic201 Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Lose the "diet" and keep the ice cream...just eat less of it.

Not everyone can eat just a little. And being on a diet means one has to eat differently.

Eating a little IS eating differently. Food shouldn't incite fear, she needs to learn how to break the cycle.

QFT At some point you have to change your relationship with food and learn that it is ok to have the ice cream or the cookies or whatever you would like but in smaller portions than we use to eat before.... This is a lifestyle and I refuse to never eat the things a like ever again...

^^
  • EniBee
    EniBee Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I put frozen friut, stewberries for example, into my food processor and add natural fat free yoghurt or low fat cream ans blend together for a few seconds. froyo or ice cream made simple. The good thing about this is that you can buy your own fruit, clean, cut into chuncks, freeze and use each time you want to make icecream/froyo.

I even throw in a few fresh vegetables (carrot or broccoli etc). I guarantee you that you will not taste the vegetables! Best way to get kids eating their broccoli if they plain refuse to eat them!

I sugar from the friut provides enough sugar for my taste buds, however, you can add a little honey to sweeten even further if you want.
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,804 Member
    Options
    Look up artic zero "ice Cream"

tumblr_lokf4vvf9C1qc7peo.gif

Artic Zero is terrible.
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options

Not everyone can eat just a little. And being on a diet means one has to eat differently.

Eating a little IS eating differently. Food shouldn't incite fear, she needs to learn how to break the cycle.
    SO agree with this. I was never able to be on a sustainable "diet" until I learned that I didn't have to deprive myself. Measure out or weigh one serving of real ice cream (not that fat free crap) log it and ENJOY.
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,804 Member
    Options

QFT At some point you have to change your relationship with food and learn that it is ok to have the ice cream or the cookies or whatever you would like but in smaller portions than we use to eat before.... This is a lifestyle and I refuse to never eat the things a like ever again...

tumblr_lokd8j9IMC1qcz682o1_500.gif
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    According to MFP, the banana has 48 grams of carboydrates. A 1/2 cup of Ben and Jerry's Chocolate Cookie Dough Ice Cream has 33 grams of carbohydrates. let's remember it's the CARBOHYDRATES NOT THE FAT that makes you fat.

so stear clear of Banana based solutions to dieting. better to find a low carb ice cream brand like Breyer's low carb (7 grams of carbs) and avoid the banana altogether.
    Absolute, complete, total nonsense. It's caloric surplus that makes you fat, regardless of which macronutrient it comes from. Carbs are not the devil.
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    Stop being on a "diet"!!!!!!!!
  • jennifershoo
    Options

Exactly!

If someone thinks they have to ban ice cream until they lose whatever amount of weight they want to, then what happens when they reach their goal? They eat the whole tub of ice cream because they felt so deprived and then gain all the weight back.
  • bethlaf
    bethlaf Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    like others said, frozen banana, my kids take regular cups of yogurt and pop a stick in them and freeze...

otherwise, what is wrong with a small serving of ice-cream?

for an ice cream sandwich
    or fudgesicle
  • jennifershoo
    Options
    According to MFP, the banana has 48 grams of carboydrates. A 1/2 cup of Ben and Jerry's Chocolate Cookie Dough Ice Cream has 33 grams of carbohydrates. let's remember it's the CARBOHYDRATES NOT THE FAT that makes you fat.

so stear clear of Banana based solutions to dieting. better to find a low carb ice cream brand like Breyer's low carb (7 grams of carbs) and avoid the banana altogether.

So much bull$hit!!!!!!
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    Rich and decadent: 2 frozen banana *****s + 1 frozen avocado chunks + 1 cup coconut milk + 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder, blend/process = deliciousness.... if you want a bit more sweetness, add 2-4 dates. Enjoy!

That has a whole lot more calories a serving than a simple 1/2 cup serving of ice cream. I'm sure it's tasty, but if she's watching calories and wants a small treat, that kind of defeats the purpose.
  • jamiem1102
    jamiem1102 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options

Agreed. :) Also - I like eating those Edy's Fruit Popsicles. Yum!
  • supermodelchic
    supermodelchic Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    just google eat clean, ice cream recipes
  • astralpictures
    astralpictures Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Frozen Yogurt is your best bet for getting a taste experience that is pretty much the same as ice cream that is a relatively healthy choice. I go to a place like TCBY that has soft serve and mix regular, low-fat vanilla with Greek Vanilla/Honey, which adds protein and probiotics. It comes to 20 calories per ounce, and I get about a half cup to a cup of it - so 80 - 160 calories total. I might add some almonds for a healthy topping. If you add a lot of fruits, it is healthy and full of vitamins, but you need to watch the calories and sugar. A few berries goes a long way. If you're craving sweet, a few sprinkles on the froyo doesn't add too many calories (just don't go overboard). If I add some almonds and sprinkles and have a cup, it comes to about 200 calories total. That's not bad to have every so often to help with a sweet tooth.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    Fit and light yogurt blended with whatever frozen fruit you enjoy. It's low cal and very cold.
  • Cindyinpg
    Options

So much bull$hit!!!!!!
    untitled_zps76efc469.png
  • EniBee
    EniBee Posts: 274 Member
    Options

So much bull$hit!!!!!!
    untitled_zps76efc469.png

The original statement is 100% correct! Excess Carbs are stored in the body as FAT. Fat is also stored as Fat and protein hardly is stored as fat. If you eat the right amount of carbs then the carbs are used up. if you don't then they are stored as fat deposits.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    The original statement is 100% correct! Excess Carbs are stored in the body as FAT. Fat is also stored as Fat and protein hardly is stored as fat. If you eat the right amount of carbs then the carbs are used up. if you don't then they are stored as fat deposits.
    Your statement is just as correct as the original one (that is, totally incorrect). Carbohydrates are not stored as fat if you are in a caloric deficit. Neither is fat. Google "energy balance" and do some research, I'm sure you'll find it beneficial in your journey.
  • Cindyinpg
    Options

So much bull$hit!!!!!!
    untitled_zps76efc469.png

EXCESS anything is stored as fat.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,616 Member
    Options
    My s-mom made this recipe for us the other day, served it over brownies, and it was delicious:

Chocolate Ricotta Ice Cream
    Serves 2

Ingredients
    1 cup ricotta cheese
    1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
    1 tsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
    1 packet Truvia (all natural sweeteners from stevia)
    Directions
    Mix together ingredients, cover and chill.