Zumba Rush for Kinect

Options
I often use Zumba rush for the XBOX kinect the days that I don't have time to go out for a run/if the weather is really bad. I like that it gets me sweating. I have a question about logging it though. The game tells me I have burned 420 calories in a high intensity short class and if I log 23 minutes of Zumba it only comes up with 119 calories. So A) which is more accurate? and B) If the game is more accurate, how can I log it properly?

Replies

• sugaree1202
    sugaree1202 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    You can find out which is more accurate by taking your heart rate during the workout then plugging the values into an online calculator. 420 sounds a little high for 23 minutes, but 119 is probably too low so your actual burn is going to be closer to an average of the two. You can log custom exercises by creating a "new exercise" in the MFP log. Investing in a heart rate monitor or manually checking your pulse throughout the workout, recording it then calculating your burn post-workout is the only way to knowfor ssure. I purchased an accurate, inexpensive HRM watch here: stores.ebay.com/N-Y-Bill
  • Lexi507
    Lexi507 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    The calculator at http://caloriesburnedhq.com/zumba-calories-burned/ seems to match my HRM pretty well. You might want to see what it says you burned. I usually get between 350 and 550 per hour in class depending on the instructor and how my asthma is that day.