Replies

• astrdomitter
    astrdomitter Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tips...
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Lots of us find it more a challenge to break old habits of mindless/boredom snacking. Try a new strategy and check in a week or so if your habit has changed. If it hasn't, why not? Then try something else.

I find it helpful while cooking to have a sink of soapy water ready. I wash as I go so I'm not licking spoons.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    How is your protein and fat intake? I am at 1800 calories for the day and I find when I eat more protein and fat, I am fuller longer.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    Options
    macgurlnet wrote: »
    I would try to find some lower-calorie stuff for you to nibble on. Maybe some chopped up vegetables? I would usually do 100g of various things in containers and the total calories was ~50 or so if I ate everything, plus there's plenty of crunch to most veggies.

What also works for me when I'm in a deficit is to dedicate sweets to a certain time of the day - like after dinner. If I'm hungry at other points during the day, I have to go for something nutritious, and, at the end of the day, I can use my remaining calories for a treat.

~Lyssa

Ya, my day goes much better if I save treats for after dinner. Having an apple now (after lunch.)