OK ladies, how many size are in your closet?

Options
13»

Replies

• Adc7225
    Adc7225 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    I have gone from 18/20 to 2/4, initially I was trying to hold on to some of the 6 & 8's but they were just in the way. I only have 2's and 4's in my closet.

For me this works. I recently put on some weight but since I have no intention of buying bigger clothes that means I have to work at losing and get back on track maintaining.
  • 0utrun
    0utrun Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I have 12-20 (16-20 are mostly old jeans and gym clothes I haven't gotten rid of yet) and one pair of 22's I'm saving to remind me when I NEVER want to be again.
  • entwife
    entwife Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I've got mainly between Aus 10-16 with a few 18s in there as well. Wearing 14-16 at the moment. 10 years ago I went from a 16 to a 10 and I donated all my bigger sizes then replaced them all again over 10 years *sob*.

WHEN I get back down to a 10/12 again I'll be donating my larger sizes and this time I WON'T be replacing them!
  • flaminica
    flaminica Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Adc7225 wrote: »
    For me this works. I recently put on some weight but since I have no intention of buying bigger clothes that means I have to work at losing and get back on track maintaining.

This is my philosophy as well. I've kept one or two huge old pieces to compare and remind myself.

For a while when I started losing, I mourned that years ago I gave away a party dress that I dearly loved. I was de-cluttering at the time and decided to face that I would never get into that size 18 again. Now it wouldn't have fit for months.

I have kept a couple of very good dresses that are too good to donate. There are special charities and women's shelters in my area that source nice clothes for displaced or homeless women for job interviews and the good stuff will go to them.
  • vicky1947mfp
    vicky1947mfp Posts: 1,527 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Just today I gathered up my size 10-14 pants to donate. Have gone from 162 lbs to 121 lbs. now in size 4-6 depending on mfg.

I mostly buy clothes now from Goodwill or consignment shops. So not a huge investment. I, of course, say I will never again gain it back. Although I have no intention of doing so. ???

If I did need a larger size, I would just go to GW or consignment shop. No need to store out of date clothes. Most of my pants and jeans were wider legs and roomier than today's slim fit styles. Which I love how I look in now.

I have even bought a couple of pair of jeans at GW in European sizing of 0 and 00. Talk about a vanity boost!!!

I did keep a couple of 10's to wear with a belt for painting or yard work.

BTW, I am 68 years old. Wish I had discovered MFP earlier in my life. Best "program" I have ever used. Much better than WW.

So much positive support on your own time schedule.
  • last_jennifer
    last_jennifer Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Starting at size 8 from 1999 and all the way to size 20 today. So that is a lot of sizes. :(
  • ShrinkinMel
    ShrinkinMel Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    athenawj wrote: »
    I have three, in pants: 8, 10, and 12 (because for some stupid reason, Old Navy's black jeans are tighter than their regular jeans-- ??). And shirts in M and L. I'm at a healthy weight, but I have wide hips.

The upstairs closet, though, that's a different story. There are three sizes up there. I haven't been able to give them away yet. For one reason, I'm saving them for my older daughter, who is trying to lose weight, too, and clothes are expensive! Another reason, though... I guess I don't want to spend all that money again if I regain the weight. I don't *plan* to, but it's stuck there in my head.

I learned that the black dye or something causes more shrinking. I noticed that too since high school. ;)

• ShrinkinMel
    ShrinkinMel Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I have a large range of size from some 16s to one 30 that have always been large but I bought them second hand because my 22s and 24s were too tight. I never tried them on. I need to definitely go through my stuff again. I desperately need clothing I just refuse to buy more at this size.
  • amb3rj0y
    amb3rj0y Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I kept a few articles of clothing from my thinner days. But I gave the majority to my Mother, sister, and friends when I gained weight. Kinda wishing I hadn't though since my clothes are getting loose on me, and soon I wont be able to wear any of my pants.
  • Ashtoretet
    Ashtoretet Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I have sizes 12 - 16 wide. I just haven't gotten around to getting rid of the few bigger items yet.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I have 0's, 2's and 4's. Depending on the brand that fits me. ;)

ETA: I donated all my fat clothes no reason keeping them. :D
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    12-30 but not too much above 20 at this time. On my way to finishing getting rid of ALL Plus sizes. Yipee!! I got rid of all my smaller sizes when we moved a few years ago, so I am having to repurchase clothes as I shrink.
    My downsizing plan is give to Goodwill and buy replacements for my transition sizes also from Goodwill. My nearby stores carry very good stuff and I wear mostly casual clothes because I work from home. I found that I was hanging onto some big stuff because I "liked" it, even though I couldn't wear it gracefully any longer. I look for similar styles and colors, of course, but in smaller sizes. Now whenever I have a new "find" from Goodwill, I get rid of its larger counterpart. I need the closet space & hangers anyway!! Happy downsizing everyone!
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    4 sizes 2, 4, 6, and 8. Shirts are 2 small and medium. I'm currently in 4/27s. But it really depends on the cut.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Usually 2 sizes in there.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!