Not eating my calories

Am allowed 1200 calories and always have at least 300 left and this was my first week and I lost 3lb which doesn't seem a lot wen I done other diets and lost more on my first week any help or advice

Replies

• middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,487 Member
    3 lb is a good loss. Depending on how you have set up your account, expect to lose between .5-2 lb a week.
    Please try to eat all your calories. You are probably feeling fine right now as it has just been a week, but long term eating under a low calorie goal could affect your health.

Cheers, h.
  • cnbbnc
    cnbbnc Posts: 1,267 Member
    If you don't have much to lose the weight isn't going to drop off at as fast of a pace as someone with a higher amount to drop.

And you have to eat at least 1200cals. 900 isn't sustainable or healthy. Your deficit is already built into that number so there's no need to take away from it.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    1. Eat more.
    2. Adjust your expectations.
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    3 lbs in a week is a bunch! Be happy!
  • Other diets probably were too aggressive, causing you to fail at them before too long. MFP isn't a diet, it's an adjusted lifestyle, one that you're intended to carry on for life. 3lbs a week is a healthy loss and you should be proud of it. Consider if you continue to lose at that rate, you'll have lost about 35lbs by Christmas.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    3 pounds is significant. Why would you NOT eat your calories? Why with 29 pounds to lose, are you eating only 1200? MFP gives you a base and you are earning more through exercise. Eat at that number and you will still lose, only in a sustainable way.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    3 pounds is a very good loss.

But please, please, please eat your 1200 calories. I imagine you are in a position to eat more and still lose at a reasonable rate so please consider this too - but first and foremost, you need to ensure you are getting at LEAST your full 1200 per day.
  • rankinsect
    rankinsect Posts: 2,238 Member
    Am allowed 1200 calories and always have at least 300 left and this was my first week and I lost 3lb which doesn't seem a lot wen I done other diets and lost more on my first week any help or advice

I guarantee you those "other diets" were primarily causing you to lose water, not fat. 3 lb/week is very aggressive fat loss. You can "lose" 10 pounds of water in a day if you tried... but what would be the point? I'm guessing you don't care how much water your body has, you care how much fat it has.