MFP friends true supporters or not?

Options
Supporting someone is not only liking their post but commenting and making suggestions. If you have 50 friends and only 5 is actively sending you support and motivation your friends list should reflect that amount. I'm bring brutally honest the other 45 are lazy and is just taking up space stop complaining about your weight and start being active make the time out of your day to be active. And this not social media it's more a support group stop looking for "likes" and let's kick some calories *kitten*

Replies

• Blackdawn_70631
    Blackdawn_70631 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Awesome
  • urrn4life
    urrn4life Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Indeed!
  • sinbadfxdl
    sinbadfxdl Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Everyone is different. We all want our ducks in a row. Be greatfull and enjoy the fact that you have 50 friends.
  • vespiquenn
    vespiquenn Posts: 1,455 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I kind of disagree with this, or parts I guess. Yes, you should be motivating people, but who cares what other people do with their friends list. Under your logic, you should be burning calories instead of worrying about thousands of others friends lists. Just a thought. You're going to have it no matter what you do, save eliminating everyone but those five.

Honestly though, I was one of those that only liked things up until about 6 months ago. Even anonymous online, my social anxiety got the best of me. Not everyone is there to fill space, just quietly enjoying people's successes.

Edit: I also wanted to add that at the end of the day, you are here for you. If you need the support of others to keep going, or if it bothers you this much to make a post, you may have to reevaluate why you are here.
  • sbourghol
    sbourghol Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I partially agree with you. But if liking someone's post can motivate him so it is fine with me. I personally comment a post if i really can bring him a good advise. Please like my post!!!!!! :wink:
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    I just friended people on my list for nekkid pics. They are not being very supportive right now to my needs.
  • onmyweigh_
    onmyweigh_ Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Haha
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Let's not be friends, k? ;)
    Sometimes I don't post on my profile for a week or two. I go months and months without logging. Sometimes I don't comment on friends' posts for days on end, nor even, gasp, hit like.

None of that reflects what I'm DOING ABOUT MY HEALTH.

cheers!
  • NikkiBiggestFan
    NikkiBiggestFan Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I kinda agree. There are a lot of "friend collectors" here with hundreds of friends but if that motivates them then so be it. I just think if you have 600 friends there's no way you can be supportive.
  • MsJulesRenee
    MsJulesRenee Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    I hit like to acknowledge that I read their post. If I have something to say I will comment but I'm not going to put generic "way to go!" unless I talk to that person on a regular basis. I try not to be friends with friend collectors but if they have a great personality I will!

If someone just wants to lurk my page I have no problem as long as they aren't in creeper mode. I don't mind the shy :)
  • Nicole_M4
    Nicole_M4 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    True storey
  • fbinsc
    fbinsc Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Sometimes what separates us from the outcomes we want is nothing but our own philosophy. What if you for a moment imagine that each one of those people is someone you admire. Rather than focusing on negatives such as what didn't happen or what is wrong with other people the effort will be spent on how to earn more interaction. What is it that you could do to build engagement? Focus on that and your story will become richer and engagement will grow. I hope you find the happiness you seek.

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I post on my feed maybe once a week and respond to others' posts when I have meaningful input. If someone else has said what I'm thinking, I'm not going to necessarily "word, bird" the post. I don't know, maybe this is an introvert/extrovert thing.
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    The way the home page is set up it can be pretty hard to have a conversation with someone. Posts get buried pretty fast if you have a lot of friends. While I do try to comment on people's stuff I just don't always have time to do that for every person on my list. So sometimes I do just "like" posts to let them know that yes I did notice them today. I tend to only post on those who I see could use some encouragement, who might be struggling a bit or someone who has asked a question.

Maybe I am just being lazy sometimes. You know what? I get to do what I feel I need to do ,or not do, for me too. Nor do I expect all of my friends to comment on my updates every day either. As long as they keep logging in every day and working on their goals I am pretty pleased to have them as friends.
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    It's time consuming to be an involved cheerleader. If you plan to stay here for a long while, you may want to rethink committing to the process of reviewing and commenting on everyone's food and exercise diaries each and every day.