Newbie for 12 days

sprice1218
sprice1218 Posts: 7 Member
edited September 21 in Introduce Yourself
My friend Sam got me started on here. I have plateaued on my weight loss program. Though, I am not a big girl, I know (like the rest of us all) have problems areas I would like to take care of and get rid of for good.

I am about 5 feet tall and weigh around 126lbs.

Now, for some people, you may think I am crazy for trying to lose weight. But this is not about anyone else but me. My husband may love me for me, but I am not happy with my weight. I have gained almost 15 lbs since my wedding 3 years ago this month. Not a lot, but enough for me to realize something must be done.

I can't fit into some of my clothes anymore, and that is bothersome enough to want to try to do something about it. My brother-in-law recently got married. I saw a few photos my sister put up from the rehearsal dinner. I have always prided myself on being relatively in shape, not overweight, and a pretty attractive person.
But pictures say a thousand words, and in my case they screamed at me to do something for myself.

It happens to the best of us. The holidays roll around, you get busy, you get comfortable with the person you want to spend the rest of the your life with, and everything else is history, including your body. It creeps up on you faster than you tend to realize, and before you know it, those procrastinating remarks to tell yourself about starting to work again NEXT month becomes nothing more than a light chip on your shoulder constantly weighing down your to-do list.

For anyone who knows me, when I start to work out, I go crazy. Endorphins make me into the Energizer Bunny. I've always got some sort of agenda for the day that is non-stop which probably includes a good 2 hours of working out.

I have recently discovered Zumba and am in love with it!

Since starting on myfitnesspal.com, I have already lost almost 3 lbs. It really does help. But the one thing I have noticed with people is that there are those who can talk the talk, but aren't willing to walk the walk. If you really are determined to lose weight, you've got to have your own self motivation. Just relying on others isn't going to cut it. Their lbs aren't YOUR lbs. They may help motivate you and support you, but if you don't make yourself get up everyday and are determined to lose the weight or even get in shape, the only person you are hurting is you.

Hopefully, I can keep this up and reach my goal of fitting into my clothes again!

I would love Jennifer Aniston's arms and Alexandria's flat stomach. I also wouldn't mind a million dollar salary...but a girl can still dream!

Replies

• emalay
    emalay Posts: 159 Member
    You've got a great attitude...that should take you a long way in your quest for weight loss and overall health!!
    Feel free to add me as a friend for motivation and support.!!
  • smuehlbauer
    smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
    Welcome to MFP!
    It's good that you realized that you needed to do something before it got out of control.
    That's half the battle!
    Feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like.
    Steph
  • spiralgirl71
    spiralgirl71 Posts: 374 Member
    I'd take Jennifer's arms as well!!
  • I just started on here yesterday, and I keep hearing everyone talking about their weigh in day?.. How often should I weigh in?. Once a week, or once every two weeks?
  • sprice1218
    sprice1218 Posts: 7 Member
    I want to see my own progress. I try to wait at least 2 weeks if not a month before weighing in. My husband said it actually takes about 2 months to see any improve. You're slowly sloughing off fat and turning into muscle.

If you stick to your routine, even every three weeks should be good. I don't want to know. That's half the battle, too! GOOD LUCK!
This discussion has been closed.