Options
2»

Replies

• misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    Mr_Knight wrote: »
    I'm 5'3 and weigh 105, im currently eating 1,200 and run 2-5 miles a day. how much calories should I eat to lose 2 pounds a week?

Very very few.
    what

A 3 mile run at your weight burns about 200 calories. Your BMR is around 1200 calories/day. Your non-active TDEE is around 1400 calories/day. So your total burn is ~1600 calories/day, assuming you average 3 miles of running (not walking - running) per day.

To lose 2 pounds a week you need a deficit of 1000 calories/day.

That means you can't eat more than 600 calories/day.

So we're back to...

...very very few.

Why the hell would you tell someone who is already borderline underweight and still wants to lose this?
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    misskarne wrote: »
    I'm 5'3 and weigh 105, im currently eating 1,200 and run 2-5 miles a day. how much calories should I eat to lose 2 pounds a week?

Very very few.
    what

A 3 mile run at your weight burns about 200 calories. Your BMR is around 1200 calories/day. Your non-active TDEE is around 1400 calories/day. So your total burn is ~1600 calories/day, assuming you average 3 miles of running (not walking - running) per day.

So we're back to...

...very very few.

Why the hell would you tell someone who is already borderline underweight and still wants to lose this?

It was sarcasm
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,487 Member
    Options
    Look at recomposition, instead of losing more weight. There is a great thread about it on these boards.
    Basically you eat at maintenance or a bot over, and slowly build your muscles. This will improve the look of your body without losing any more weight.
    I am 5'1 and 100-105 lb and look much slimmer if I have more muscle.

Cheers, h.
    Here is another good thread for you:-

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/113609/relatively-light-people-trying-to-get-leaner/p1

Recomp:-

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10177803/recomposition-maintaining-weight-while-losing-fat#latest

Cheers, h.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    misskarne wrote: »

Very very few.
    what

So we're back to...

...very very few.

Nowhere did I tell them to do this.

They asked what it would take - that is what it would take.

Very few people can be successful on this path.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    I'll echo every one else - you don't need to be losing ANY weight whatsoever - especially not 2lbs a week.
    Please be careful here.
  • oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    Look at recomposition, instead of losing more weight. There is a great thread about it on these boards.
    Basically you eat at maintenance or a bot over, and slowly build your muscles. This will improve the look of your body without losing any more weight.
    I am 5'1 and 100-105 lb and look much slimmer if I have more muscle.

Cheers, h.
    Here is another good thread for you:-

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/113609/relatively-light-people-trying-to-get-leaner/p1

Recomp:-

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10177803/recomposition-maintaining-weight-while-losing-fat#latest

Cheers, h.

+1