Support group

Options
Hello everyone! I have struggled with weight my entire life and I have tried to make a change multiple times. Usually when I do my fitness pal, I am successful but have one event throw me off track and it takes me months to get back on. Recently, a friend invited me to do a challenge group for beachbody and I decided to jump on board. I loved the idea but hated the group. I felt really overwhelmed. If I wouldn't post for the day, they would tag me and ask where I was. I liked that they noticed but really didn't want to be put on the spot like that. I really wanted to love shakeology but I just could not, even with adding fruits and other flavors. I hated the 21 day fix because it was so bland and my husband and I made it 3 days without being over it. I need flavor, I need to be able to eat what I want and eat something if i feel the calories are worth it for the day. I am looking to start a group on facebook for people that are similar to me and using my fitness pal. It would be like a challenge group in the sense that we could support each other, post workout selfies, share recipes, ect but without the pressure and time limit. I havent started it yet, just looking to see if anyone would be interested. If I get enough interest, I will let everyone know :)

Replies

• Blackdawn_70631
    Blackdawn_70631 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Not on Facebook. Or Twitter. Or Instagram. Sorry...
    But I'm seeing the same trait I had many years ago. What I did was didn't fall into the diet fads and fad exercises. I just experimented with what workout worked for me. And it was walking. Later, I discovered that strength training with my body, not weights, worked for me. I tried weights, but it's not really my workout thing.
    Just look around and see what exercise you like and just do that for a long time, eventually you get used to adding in other routines.
    As for food, just gradually cut down on what you like. Don't stop eating it. If you jump off what you like and go on that fad diet you'll start missing your food, go back and binge a while cause you missed it.
    My weakness is sweets, and today I had two sugar cookies and two sopapillas. Meanwhile still staying in my goal range yet I still had what I wanted.
    So mainly, just cut down on the food some and find an exercise you like then just make it a routine. For instance, you wake up in the morning to go to work, or school, or tend to the kids. That's a routine. This can be done the same way.