Successfully lowering blood pressure with weight loss.

Options
dme100
dme100 Posts: 34 Member
Hi all, I have managed to lose 26kg in last 12 months and it has had a positive effect on lowering my blood pressure. I was on 3 diifferent BP medication, now I'm on 2 but close to be taking just one. Along with several doctors appointments, I have self managed my blood pressure. If anyone would like mutual support with similar issues, please feel free to add me.

Replies

• lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Congrats! I love shocking the docs with my progress! Quite frankly, I don't think they see very many patients who do this.
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Congrats .... and whatever works, works ! I was overweight & on meds for years. Finally buckled down & lost 40+ pounds by eating better & walking, eventually joining a gym. Doctor was happy & took me off most of the meds. Super, right ? But I got so lazy this year :/ Made poor eating choices. Gave up gym membership because of $ issues. (But walking is free & I didn't even do that.) No surprise, I gained a few pounds & clothes are now feeling uncomfortable. I can see where this is heading ...... especially with the holidays coming. So back to making better eating choices. Not too hard for me actually. But I need to get moving again, and that's where I need a kick in the butt :D
  • mwyvr
    mwyvr Posts: 1,883 Member
    Options
    A while back I started a thread on this topic - lots of positive stories - please add yours!

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10173773/who-has-dropped-their-blood-pressure-tell-your-story

@verptwerp Get back on track. We only get one go at having a life. Something that worked for me last year was to set a goal to not gain weight over the holidays... made it, and that was the first time in over a decade. Sure felt good!
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    @ mwyvr ..... Thanks ! I never gave up, just lost focus for a bit ...... being back is helping ..... my short-term goal is to walk each day & stay out of the candy bowl at work o:)

Wishing everyone a productive week !
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!