Juice or Superfoods

Options
Hello, does anyone know of a regular juice or superfoods that will help the moisture levels in my skin? I'm 48 and starting to have hormonal changes, which I'm convinced the skin on my face is becoming dryer. Despite wearing makeup and have a good cleansing and moisturising routine. Any advice would be appreciated.

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    How is your fat intake?
  • wavedancer123
    wavedancer123 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Do you eat Avocados? I do juicing and add 1/2 avocado to the blender to may yummy tasty thick juice
  • MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    Options
    And lots of water. I have found that since i have upped my water drinking, my skin has perked up and doesn't look so old.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    I agree with the comments on fat. When I upped my fat intake (largely coconut oil) my skin cleared right up and became less dry.

Hypothyroidism will also dry you skin out an dis something to keep an eye on around menopause.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I would do the following:

Drink more water!
    Eat more fat in diet.
    Add a flax or fish oil supplement.

As far as your skin care routine i would do the following:
    Use a gentle cleanser (a cream cleanser would be best)
    Add or incorporate an "essence" to your skin care routine
    Try a "water sleeping pack" at nighttime
    Add a serum for anti-aging
    Use a moisturizer which lasts
    Remove any products containing alcohol

Worst comes to worst, see a dermatologist. ;)

I don't think juicing or adding "superfoods" is going to fix your problem.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    As we get older, our skin is going to look older. There is no way around it, no matter what you do. Lotions will improve the look a little bit for a short time, but age takes it's toll.

Drink your water, use the moisturizers and accept that your skin and body have changed and will continue to do so. That's my advice.
  • RebeccaSutherland889
    Options
    Hi,

Thank you. I accept the ageing process, it's hard in a way as I've always looked a lot younger for my age, but over the last few months I can visably see changes. ( maybe I'm just being vein, I don't know I've never thought of myself as being so.) However I do believe food does affect your skin, so combined with drinking more water and eating healthier I hope to see results. Thank you for responding.
  • RebeccaSutherland889
    Options
    Thanks Rainbowbow. I think a holistic approach will help. And yes I agree to everything you have said and I will look carefully at my cleansing routine. Thanks again.
  • MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    Options
    I have found coconut oil to be an excellent skin moisturizer, too. Not everyone likes it but for me, it absorbs quickly and keeps my skin really soft.

A woman I used to work with who was in her 50s at the time, she never touched anything to her face but hot water with a cloth, and always "pat" her face dry instead of wiping it. She had very beautiful skin.
  • RebeccaSutherland889
    Options
    Yes food for thought!!! More water, good fats and advacodo's are on the shopping list for next week!!! I just think it's about doing the best you can for yourself. Thanks all for taking the time to think about me and response. I wish you all good
  • RebeccaSutherland889
    Options
    Thanks, I will give the oil a try, I read a lot on the Internet, but facial oils are a bit of a new thing in the UK. I will check out coconut at the health store. Xxx