Hi everyone

Options
jamie_0815
jamie_0815 Posts: 44 Member
edited October 2015 in Introduce Yourself
Hi everyone, I'm Jamie. I am new to MFP. I am 34 and looking to lose about 60lbs. I've tried everything from cutting out all carbs to Weight Watchers. I've lost weight but I always manage to gain it back. A coworker told me about this app I am hoping it works and helps me get more motived. This is day one for me. I work irregular hours and have my little one so it makes it harder to find time to workout. Open to any tips and advice.

Replies

• PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Hi Jamie! :)

I was also someone who had literally tried everything - but after joining MFP I soon realised it doesn't need to be so complicated! Plug your stats into the app if you haven't already and eat to the number that it gives you! A calorie deficit is all you need - exercise is a plus, of course. I promise you can do it!

Good luck.
  • thegreatcanook
    thegreatcanook Posts: 2,419 Member
    Options
    You can do this. Surround yourself with friends who are succeeding. Add me and I'll cheer you on!
  • jamie_0815
    Options
    Thank you for the support. So far it doesn't seem as difficult as other everything else I have tired. The community is great in keeping motivation up. A lot of positive energy which I love.
  • asharples87
    asharples87 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I used this app to lose weight for vacation earlier this year and it really helped - makes you think twice about eating unhealthy when you see how many calories go in :/ Good luck!!!! You can do it :)
  • jamie_0815
    Options
    Yes!! looking at calories, sugar, carbs, etc in food I track is eye opening. That's one of things I love about this app it helps you track everything not just calories. Think you for the support.