What's going on and what can I do at the gym to help me loose weight?

Options
Sammy85x
Sammy85x Posts: 26 Member
edited October 2015 in Fitness and Exercise
Hi there,

A few months back I was doing weight watchers and almost lost A stone. I was doing the gym about 1-2 times a week. I am now off weight watchers as its too expensive to keep up. I use fitness pal and try to eat around 1400 cals. I also try and go to the gym between 3-5 times a week but now that weight has almost all gone back on. I'm deverstated! Why has it gone back on? I suffer from depression too so if I have a bad day then I do tend to over eat so this could be why. But I really try to stay on track but nothing seems to be working. At the min I use 2-3 cardio machines at the gym and the abs machine. What else should i be doing or what am I doing wrong? Any help welcome thank you x

Replies

• Traveler120
    Traveler120 Posts: 712 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    If you lost a stone and were exercising less than you are right now and have gained it back despite exercising more, then it means you were either eating very little on WW or you're eating a lot more now than you think. The solution especially with depression (which I've suffered from as well), is to be very vigilant on your exercise. Make sure that you're active every day for at least an hour. Find an activity that you find enjoyable and if possible, outdoors. If you have a tendency to over eat when depressed, make sure the food in your home is healthy, whole foods and not junk food. Good luck.
  • AsISmile
    AsISmile Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    If you lost a stone and were exercising less than you are right now and have gained it back despite exercising more, then it means you were either eating very little on WW or you're eating a lot more now than you think. The solution especially with depression (which I've suffered from as well), is to be very vigilant on your exercise. Make sure that you're active every day for at least an hour. Find an activity that you find enjoyable and if possible, outdoors. If you have a tendency to over eat when depressed, make sure the food in your home is healthy, whole foods and not junk food. Good luck.

This.
    Since 1400 calories is already quite low, I'm guessing you were probably not eating a whole lot less on ww.
    Most likely you are not logging correctly. Do you measure everything on a digital scale? That is crucial for correct logging.
  • Sammy85x
    Sammy85x Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to log best I can and also measuring things out etc. I think you do tend to eat a lot less on WW as I was still hungry and it's very little amount of food x
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    You are not eating 1400 calories. Or, you are eating 1400 calories, but there are days where you overeat so much, that the weekly average goes way above 1400. Are you talking to a psychiatrist about the depression? Discussing your struggles with a professional and experimenting with different meds or therapy is where I would start.