calories

Options
2»

Replies

• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    ok so I was eating 1,200 calories and now I'm eat 1,430 calories. so is that enough to lose 2 pounds a week?

I'm pretty sure we went over how this was a bad idea yesterday. Why do you insist on trying to be underweight?
    I said it before and I will say it again. Being underweight carries serious risks. One of which is sudden cardiac death. What is there for you to gain by dropping to that weight besides the irreversible health problems that come with that low of a BMI? I can't think of a single positive thing you could possibly gain from it.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Going by my 20 year old son's "girl" friends, it seems the skinnier the better in that age group. Ironically my son doesn't find stick thin girls attractive at all..
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    Going by my 20 year old son's "girl" friends, it seems the skinnier the better in that age group. Ironically my son doesn't find stick thin girls attractive at all..
    Why'd you put "girl" in quotes?

• rune1990
    rune1990 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Nor does my 19 year old son.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    My guess is to imply that they are girls who are just friends with her son and not that he has multiple relationships. Just my guess.
  • Christine_72
    Options
    My guess is to imply that they are girls who are just friends with her son and not that he has multiple relationships. Just my guess.

Yes that is exactly why I put it in quotes.

Writing my son's girlfriends may have implied he had multiple girlfriends lol I was talking about his friends who are girls.

On the other end of the spectrum, all of his guy friends are trying desperately to bulk and put ON weight..

• senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options

Yes that is exactly why I put it in quotes.

Writing my son's girlfriends may have implied he had multiple girlfriends lol I was talking about his friends who are girls.

On the other end of the spectrum, all of his guy friends are trying desperately to bulk and put ON weight..

I think there is a bit of a line between teens looking to lose a few vanity pounds and someone wanting to put themselves into the underweight category of BMI as the OP is looking to do.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options

There is a much larger problem overall with women, probably globally in first world countries. Social media and advertising continue to forward the image of stick-thin models and air-brushed photgraphy, giving the impression of unattainable figures. Promoting healthy images, such as the Dove campaign, will help. Not saying things like 'the skinnier the better' might also help, when trying to give advice in the forums, even when referring to other people...
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    mccindy72 wrote: »

There is a much larger problem overall with women, probably globally in first world countries. Social media and advertising continue to forward the image of stick-thin models and air-brushed photgraphy, giving the impression of unattainable figures. Promoting healthy images, such as the Dove campaign, will help. Not saying things like 'the skinnier the better' might also help, when trying to give advice in the forums, even when referring to other people...
    It even impacts countries that are becoming developed - oddly, often with people gaining weight.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options

This seems to be a presumption and that the OP's issue goes beyond boys, and may not even be about boys.

@Fruit_lover2 , it sounds to me like you need to seek in real life help to deal with your relationship with yourself and food because your are at an unhealthy BMI already wanting to lose more weight, which will take you to an unhealthier BMI.
  • Christine_72
    Options
    SLLRunner wrote: »

This seems to be a presumption and that the OP's issue goes beyond boys, and may not even be about boys.

@Fruit_lover2 , it sounds to me like you need to seek in real life help to deal with your relationship with yourself and food because your are at an unhealthy BMI already wanting to lose more weight, which will take you to an unhealthier BMI.

Yeah maybe, but she's been asked multiple times why she wants to get down to such a low weight, and she cant answer it.
    I hope it's not because of the media stereotypes, or for boys etc. etc. So all we are left with are assumptions

• mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    SLLRunner wrote: »

Yeah maybe, but she's been asked multiple times why she wants to get down to such a low weight, and she cant answer it.
    I hope it's not because of the media stereotypes, or for boys etc. etc. So all we are left with are assumptions

Regardless of why, the fact remains that it is happening. Asking why isn't helping, and might exacerbate the problem. OP needs to get help with her unhealthy body image and relationship with food.