please help

Options
I've posted on here before about struggling to gain weight, i'be been trying now for over 5 months and i'm not seeing any difference on the scales - i'm still 6 stone 4 at 5 ft3. My doctor is really worried about my BMI and so am I. I've been tested for any underlying medical disorder and nothings shown up. It's officially now been a year since i've had my period.

The only thing left my doctor has suggested is putting me on the pill, but i'm really wary of doing that because I want to gain in a natural and healthy way and not mess with my hormones.

So sick of people thinking i have an ED - or telling me how thin I am. While I don't look ill and I think I look OK I still want to gain a bit just to get my period back.

So could anybody please take a look at my diary and give me any advice on where you think I might be going wrong?

Thanks

Replies

• AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    All I can say is if you're not gaining weight, then you need to eat more calories
  • nurse_ratty
    nurse_ratty Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    See a dietician get gp to refer.

Worrying about it won't help, so you need to learn to cope with the anxiety and upset this causes you or you will loose/not gain due to stress. I went through a similar thing about 10yrs ago and got myself in a right state about it. I have since tipped the other way.
  • MsLilly200
    MsLilly200 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    You should probably talk to a dietician...

But here's my non-professional advise. Eat more calories. (And/or move less but that is probably not healthy!)
    I don't know how much you burn each day, but if you're not gaining or loosing then what you're eating now is roughly what you burn (Hi I'm Captain Obvious). So slowly increase your calories.
    Also you eat very little fat imo. Healthy fats, nuts, avocado and so on tend to be high in calories, which is good if you're trying to gain. They're also probably better for your health than candy... Which incidentally also has loads of calories...

Yeah... So remember how I told you to see a professional... They most likely know a whole lot more than me.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    All I can say is if you're not gaining weight, then you need to eat more calories
    This. You're eating about the same as I'm eating and I'm still losing. So my advice is eat more.