Have exercised 21 days in a row

Options
marc8686
marc8686 Posts: 199 Member
As of 6/23. I never worked out in the past ever. I have started and stopped many many many many many times wanting to get fit but NEVER was able to keep going. Putting all my business out there for the world to examine and hold me accountable has helped with that. Search "the beginning Marc adams fitness journey" on YouTube for my first video 3 weeks ago. Posting week 3 weigh in update tomorrow.

Replies

• ncmedic201
    ncmedic201 Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Great job!!
  • My0WNinspiration
    My0WNinspiration Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Good for you. Aim for another 21.
  • maddymartinec
    Options
    Congrats!
  • marc8686
    Options
    Yeah it's a TNDO (take no day off) 30-Day challenge as I'm calling it. Considering making it more than 30 now though
  • moondawg14
    moondawg14 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Yeah it's a TNDO (take no day off) 30-Day challenge as I'm calling it. Considering making it more than 30 now though

Rest is important. Even if you don't take a day off... reduce intensity for a few days to allow your body to rest.

and... GREAT job on 21 days in a row!
  • jackiebertram65
    Options
    Excellent. Your so right when others can view your progress it really does make you accountable. KEEP IT UP !
  • HollisGrant
    HollisGrant Posts: 2,022 Member
    Options
    As of 6/23. I never worked out in the past ever. I have started and stopped many many many many many times wanting to get fit but NEVER was able to keep going. Putting all my business out there for the world to examine and hold me accountable has helped with that. Search "the beginning Marc adams fitness journey" on YouTube for my first video 3 weeks ago. Posting week 3 weigh in update tomorrow.

That's fantastic! Good for you!
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    Well done! Keep it up! Rest is important and all that jazz but it's possible for people not to need as much rest as others. Just listen to your body
  • marc8686
    Options

Rest is important. Even if you don't take a day off... reduce intensity for a few days to allow your body to rest.

and... GREAT job on 21 days in a row!

thanks man, rest days arent that big of a deal at the level of exercise im doing. right now im walking a mile on 3.0 speed and biking for maybe 15 minutes or so. the 23 hours between exercise is plenty of rest for that kind of workout. maybe when im on a weight lifting routine or something i'll put some more consideration into rest time
  • marc8686
    Options
    three week weigh in today results another 5.6 pounds down. 18.2 total pounds lost. consistency pays off folks
  • Emnee
    Emnee Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Awesome progress, sir! Keep it going! People like you keep me motivated. Thank you. (:
  • LexiAtel
    LexiAtel Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Cool deal man! Nice job! :)
  • marc8686
    Options
    Awesome progress, sir! Keep it going! People like you keep me motivated. Thank you. (:
    thank you! "people like you" made me chuckle, not sure ive ever been grouped in the crowd on the right side of fitness before. "people like you" used to mean 'those ppl that eat all the time and never do anything active"
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Yes, congrats. As you increase intensity, as one post-er mentioned, rest will become important... When you start weights (and I recommend the sooner the better), never do the same muscle group 2 days in a row... I usually will do like legs, then core/back/biceps (pull), then triceps/chest/shoulders (push)... I will then either repeat or plug in a rest day. Eventually, a full rest day or two becomes really important. I do what cardio I can with the other routine... sometimes 15 minutes, other times 30-45 minutes with varying intensity. Something to try, if you are on treadmill, start gradually increasing your incline.. This actually tends to increase your caloric burn more than increases in speed... Many recommend interval training but I have had quite a bit of success just going at it and backing off as I need to.
  • marc8686
    Options
    Yes, congrats. As you increase intensity, as one post-er mentioned, rest will become important... When you start weights (and I recommend the sooner the better), never do the same muscle group 2 days in a row... I usually will do like legs, then core/back/biceps (pull), then triceps/chest/shoulders (push)... I will then either repeat or plug in a rest day. Eventually, a full rest day or two becomes really important. I do what cardio I can with the other routine... sometimes 15 minutes, other times 30-45 minutes with varying intensity. Something to try, if you are on treadmill, start gradually increasing your incline.. This actually tends to increase your caloric burn more than increases in speed... Many recommend interval training but I have had quite a bit of success just going at it and backing off as I need to.

yup thanks for the input. rest days will definitely be on the calendar at some point once i start feeling like i need one. your body tells you whats up. :)
  • sarahruizfitnessjourney
    Options
    Great progress so far, keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing your journey and helping inspire others. That's what it's all about, inspiring ourselves and others. =)
  • marc8686
    Options
    Great progress so far, keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing your journey and helping inspire others. That's what it's all about, inspiring ourselves and others. =)
    Thanks!
  • norahwynn
    norahwynn Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Nice! Congratulations on pushing through!
  • marc8686
    Options
    Nice! Congratulations on pushing through!
    Thank you! Definitely worth pushing myself when I didn't want to
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!