Can someone help me with my macros please?

Options
MichelleMyBelle86
MichelleMyBelle86 Posts: 45 Member
edited October 2015 in Getting Started
Hi all

I wondered if anyone would be willing to take a look at my macros and give advice on where to adjust accordingly... (My diary is open for all to see!)

I'm 5'3, currently weigh 137lb and I would like to lose approx. 11lb to get to 126lb.

I have read the road map guide etc but I think my cals came out a little high, they were over 1800? I really don't think I could lose weight eating that much.

I've set my goal to 1650.

Now, onto the macros. I have no problem hitting the protein each day, sugar I'm working on, I don't really get near to the carb goal.

So based on my height, weight etc can anyone advise of any changes they'd make to my food diary goals?

My lifestyle is sedentary as I work in an office, I swim and walk during the week.

Thanks
Michelle

Replies

• sixxpoint
    sixxpoint Posts: 3,529 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    You are likely maintaining on roughly 1600 calories per day if you are sedentary; more like 1800 cals/day if you implement a light exercise/sports routine 1-3 days a week. To safely lose weight, subtract 10-20% from this maintenance target. I would not go lower than 1300 cals/day -- shoot for 1500-1700 cals/day as a healthy range for weight loss.

Macros for Active Individuals:

Protein: 0.60 to 0.80 grams per pound of bodyweight -- the highest amount justified by research. *Sedentary individuals do not require as much protein*

Fat: 0.40-0.45 grams per pound of bodyweight -- the lowest amount implied by clinical observation.

Remaining caloric budget: whatever mix of macronutrients you prefer -- notably a rich variety of whole, minimally processed foods high in fiber and micronutrients.

Sugar from whole foods is fine, but try to limit sugar intake from processed & refined sources to 50 grams/day.

There is no carb goal... just eat enough to ensure 20-40 grams of daily fiber and micronutrient diversity. Good luck!
  • MichelleMyBelle86
    MichelleMyBelle86 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Very helpful, thank you :)