How do I log the 30 day shred

Options
Hi everyone, Today I did the 30 day shred for the first time, YAY, but I don't know how to log it, BOO. I don't own one of those fancy watches people wear to keep track of their calories, I really just use the calorie counter on here when I log my exercise, but is there a way to log the 30 day shred on the exercise tab on MFP? HELP PLEASE! EEEK

Replies

• sissiluv
    sissiluv Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    You can still take your heart rate with your fingers, your pulse, and a nice watch. I use my cellphone to count down from thirty, counting by tens so I don't screw up, then add it all together to find my heart rate. Then I plug it into an online calculator to find calories burned. Easy!

I do this because MFP vastly overestimates calories burned. I don't want to overeat if I decide to eat some calories back after all!

I logged 30ds as circuit training though, to answer your question.
  • meganfoster12
    meganfoster12 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I log it as circuit
  • window35
    window35 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I log it as cardio - 180cal (researched on the net and got different answers between 160-200 cal for 30 min)
  • MsEndomorph
    MsEndomorph Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I think taking your pulse manually a few times and averaging them together and then entering them in an online calculator would probably be the most accurate tracking method without a heart rate monitor.
  • 2kidsandatrip
    2kidsandatrip Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    This may be a stupid question, but if you don't ask, how do you learn... right? How does your heart rate associate with your calorie loss?