Expensive NSV

Options
gman6464
gman6464 Posts: 222 Member
I took a new job 4 months ago which require a suit every day. My suits are fitting pretty loosely. I am going to have to go take them in, but at this rate I am looking at needing new suits in the near future.

Replies

• Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    Its a great NSV though. Well done. Good luck on the new job.
    i just dumped mine all in charity just to make sure i wouldnt fit in them again.
  • bago08
    bago08 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Yeah.. Ive started to wear my cooler weather work clothes this week and they look awful. they are so big its kind of embarassing.
  • gramacanada
    gramacanada Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Lots of people become 'Thrift Store Gurus' It takes some looking and you have to keep going. If you make friends with the owner they often will call you when stuff you're looking for comes in. You can donate the clothes back when they no longer fit. Some places let me do a straight across trade in.
  • gman6464
    gman6464 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    bago08 wrote: »
    Yeah.. Ive started to wear my cooler weather work clothes this week and they look awful. they are so big its kind of embarassing.

But it kind of feels good that they are so big doesn't it?
  • bago08
    bago08 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    gchris32 wrote: »
    bago08 wrote: »

But it kind of feels good that they are so big doesn't it?

I guess but I really look bad today.. it looks like I took a sack, made pants out of it and cinched it with a rope. Im wearing a long shirt to try and hide it. Guess winter snuck up on me.
  • Drewlssix
    Drewlssix Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Sorry, can't bring my self to feel bad for you lol.

I'm happily at the point where the clothes I bought to be able to wear "someday" are now loose enough to cause issues. The clothes I wore back in February are almost all to large now. Much was donated but I have a bunch of Ts I wear around even though they are baggy.

I had to trade all my uniforms in for two size smaller sets and now those are fitting poorly. The pants need a belt or they slip off and the shirts are getting tight across the chest/shoulders.
  • Drewlssix
    Drewlssix Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Lots of people become 'Thrift Store Gurus' It takes some looking and you have to keep going. If you make friends with the owner they often will call you when stuff you're looking for comes in. You can donate the clothes back when they no longer fit. Some places let me do a straight across trade in.

I'll be hitting up the stores for summer clothes soon (easier to find the good stuff out of season) and I'll be assuming significant progress in the mean time. That leads me to one of the benefits I didn't really think of, it's easier to find foot thrift cloths in smaller sizes. I gues bigger guys like I used to be tend not to get rid of clothes lol.
  • dearmrsowl
    dearmrsowl Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    That struggle is real for me as well. I work in retail and have to look at least somewhat decent in the clothes I'm trying to sell so I always feel bad when I'm wearing pants that are obviously two sizes to big on me.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!