Help!

Options
It won't let me complete my food/exercise diary because I haven't reached the minimum calorie intake.... it's too late to eat now!

Replies

• happyfeetrebel1
    happyfeetrebel1 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    If it really bothers you that you can't complete your diary just go back and randomly add something and it will let you complete it. Completing it doesn't really mean anything though and there's no bonus for doing so, so even if you don't it doesn't really matter. The only reason that they have a minimum is so that you are getting your required vitamins and such and it won't let you complete below about 1200 calories.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    tiaunruh wrote: »
    It won't let me complete my food/exercise diary because I haven't reached the minimum calorie intake.... it's too late to eat now!

Why is it too late to eat?
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    So how many calories did you eat today? You know the minimum is there for a reason, right?
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Add some ice cream, peanut butter, high fat dairy or avocado then you'll be good.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Got peanut butter?
  • justrollme
    justrollme Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    MFP doesn't allow a close-out of a diary if it is less than 1000 calories, because for most people, doing so over time is very unsafe. Time of day does not affect weight loss, so it is only "too late to eat" if you don't have access to food. If you are hungry, please eat. Otherwise, chalk it up to a day to avoid repeating in the future. Planning can help with this, a lot. :)

(MFP's minimum calories for women is 1200, but it will allow a female to close out a diary as long as it is 1000 or more.)
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options

A day here and there below your goal probably won't do much harm. MFP will save your information, it just won't give you a prediction or post to your wall today. If it's a regular thing then you need to find ways to boost your calories with bigger portions or more calorie dense foods.

It's okay to eat late unless you're out of calories (which we know you aren't) or you get heartburn or have problems sleeping if you eat late. Have a snack if you want.
  • tiaunruh
    tiaunruh Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I had around 800 calories maybe? But I ate some high protein foods so not hungry..
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    If you're awake and eating late doesn't cause sleeping issues, it isn't too late.

One day under is okay. If it continues, that can lead to health problems. Your goal is exactly that: a number you are aiming for.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    I had around 800 calories maybe? But I ate some high protein foods so not hungry..

Study after study shows that people underestimate how much they eat, and this hinders weight loss. Weighing your food on a digital food scale helps you be more accurate.

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options

Unfortunately, thats not sustainable and not allowing your body the nutrients it needs.
  • tiaunruh
    tiaunruh Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I did eat peanut butter and got up to my minimum... feeling great B)