Minor - but first! - success

Options
I'm about three weeks in back on MFP again and the scale won't budge. Appears to be painted on. Quite discouraging but I keep on. But then today, I pulled on some jeans and realized that they zipped right up - I didn't have to hold my breath, pull with all my might, and then feel like I was blossoming over the waistband. So something at least is happening1 I'm eating at a pretty fair deficit and trying to move a lot to keep my metabolism up so it doesn't slow down & defeat me because of too few calories. Planning to moderate that if the scale ever does start dropping. Isn't all sorts of water weight supposed to fall right off you in the beginning??

Replies

• blessingsfromabove721
    Options
    Congrats on your pants fitting better!

Some people lose a lot of water weight in the beginning, and for some it takes a few weeks and then they get a big wooosh of weight loss.

Keep going!
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!! Little steps lead to big gains! Keep it up! xo
  • rankinsect
    rankinsect Posts: 2,238 Member
    Options
    A lot of the time, people experience initial water weight loss - but not always, particularly if you were on a slight caloric deficit before you actually began the official diet.

Keep at it - eventually you'll lose a bunch of retained water all at once.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Scales are probably one of the lesser reliable tracking tools! Sure they are great to stay on track but ultimately, it's the inch loss and body fat percentage that really matters. You're losing inches - great work :)
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    Inch loss is happening ....thats an NSV :smiley:
  • LovingLife_Erin
    LovingLife_Erin Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I never had a big water weight loss. I just lost a moderate/reasonable amount per week for months without a big loss at the start. Everyone is different though and many do lose a big amount of water at the start. Anyways... congrats on getting smaller! Whatever the scale says, you are doing well. :)
  • krithsai
    krithsai Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    I am not one of those folks who lost a bunch of water weight. Some 1.5 months in to my healthy eating, it just started falling off!
  • mylittlerainbow
    mylittlerainbow Posts: 822 Member
    Options
    I am ready for it to "just start falling off", but I do have to say that having clothes fit better is enough reinforcement to keep me going when the scale hasn't filled that role! Thank you for the kind remarks.