I need some... motivation or whatever?

Options
the last 3 days have been awful! i was doing so well, and then i decided to make my own food. and when I cook, I snack, and when i snack i eat a LOT. anyways, I probably should have looked at the calorie content for the things I was putting in my mouth BEFORE putting them in my mouth... but I didn't and now I've eaten in excess.... by a lot.

I know this is fixable and not to worry, and just get back on track, but its been 3 DAYS like this. I am just feeling so down and out about it.
what do I do? How should I feel?
is this super uncommon to have a couple days of binging. I feel like I never want to cook again. :( gahhh.

/endrant

Replies

• Barbs2222
    Barbs2222 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I cook and I do the same thing. Like grating cheese, forget it, half that cheese could go in my mouth. So now I make a little snack of cherry tomatoes, pickles, carrots and stuff. So few calories I don't bother counting (I probably should though). Since I've having a cocktail they work well. Keeps me out of the prep food. It's way healthier to cook your own food. You got this! :smiley:
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Stop doing that. Pre-log.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    skyytlz wrote: »
    the last 3 days have been awful! i was doing so well, and then i decided to make my own food. and when I cook, I snack, and when i snack i eat a LOT. anyways, I probably should have looked at the calorie content for the things I was putting in my mouth BEFORE putting them in my mouth... but I didn't and now I've eaten in excess.... by a lot.

I know this is fixable and not to worry, and just get back on track, but its been 3 DAYS like this. I am just feeling so down and out about it.
    what do I do? How should I feel?
    is this super uncommon to have a couple days of binging. I feel like I never want to cook again. :( gahhh.

/endrant

Yes, prelogging snacks will bring mindfulness which can certainly help with overeating.

Is this related to your period? Check out http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10264256/one-for-the-ladies-period-bloating-cramps-cravings/p1
  • LoveIshie
    LoveIshie Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Stop beating your self up about it. It happened, so what? The good thing is, you've recognized that's a habit you need to deal with. If you know this an habitual thing, then I will suggest maybe setting aside something such as a cup of baby carrots to snack on while you cook. Apples or cheery tomatoes are good snack foods. Cut up apples and 1-TBS of peanut butter to snack on. Make sure you pre-log your snacks.