Best time to work out!

Options
When is it advisable to work out and exercise for the best weight loss results - early morning or evening?

Replies

• VykkDraygoVPR
    VykkDraygoVPR Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    The timing doesn't effect weight loss at all. Just do it when it best fits your schedule, or when you feel the most energetic.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Whenever you are most likely to do it is the best time. There's absolutely no way I am getting up earlier in the morning, I already don't get enough sleep, so I workout after work.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Why would it matter?
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Yeah it absolutely does not matter. Just work out when you want to!
  • cyberiantigeress
    cyberiantigeress Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    If you do it in morning it's done and you have the rest of the day to do whatever.
  • ArshadAhamed
    ArshadAhamed Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    The timing doesn't effect weight loss at all. Just do it when it best fits your schedule, or when you feel the most energetic.

Yea you're probably right. I lose steam quite early if it's in the morning
  • Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    I don't think it matters at all. I am USELESS in the morning. I wake up early (5.30 am) but I cannot work out when I wake up. I am great in the middle of the day though and in the early evening.

I think it's just personal choice and when it fits into your schedule
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I have to exercise first thing in the morning. It gets me moving and I feel great if I start off with exercise.
  • izu87
    izu87 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Whenever it is to make you do it. If you would rather have your days off and you are okay with getting up early - mornings, if you have long lunch hours - noon, if you would rather blow steam off after work - then it's the evenings. I'm definitely an evening person. Even on my days off work, I'd workout in the evenings, simply because I like the routine - workout, take a shower, and go to rest :)
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    just from a logic point of view, why would it matter?

the best time to exercise is whenever you're going to do it and be able to give the level of effort necessary for optimal results...results have nothing to do with timing and everything to do with level of effort.
  • ActiveApril
    ActiveApril Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I like first thing in the morning, but have limited time to do anything unless I want to wake up at 4am. I have made a new habit recently, though, to get up with enough time to run with my dog for 2 or 3 miles and then shower before I have to go to work. I still do more intense workouts a few times a week after work, but adding the extra in the morning has really helped with making sure I get at least SOMETHING in for the day.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    choose a time that works for you. that's the best time
  • medlaura
    medlaura Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    moyer566 wrote: »
    choose a time that works for you. that's the best time

This!!
  • Karen_can_do_this
    Karen_can_do_this Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    I go to the gym at 4.30am every second day. This is the perfect time for me because I'm lazy and would otherwise spend all day procrastinating about going. However my good friend can't imagine ever going in before noon.
    The best time for you to go is whatever time suits you and your life.
  • MoiAussi93
    MoiAussi93 Posts: 1,948 Member
    Options
    The timing doesn't matter, whatever works best for you is fine.

However, studies have shown that people who exercise in the morning are most likely to stick with the habit long term. This is supposedly because nothing ever gets in the way, like it sometimes does if you typically exercise later in the day. However, I'm not a morning person, so this is not going to happen on a regular basis for me...so afternoon or early evening is my time.
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    Options
    For me, after I finish my workday...it's the perfect stress releaser..but I doubt the timing changes much in the whole scheme of things...the best time is the time you can stick to, that works with your lifestyle..good luck! xo
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    When you will do it.