Can't stay motivated

Options
Alright yall I'm 5'2" - 5'3". Heaviest weight is 218, current weight is about 208. I have hypothyroidism and I work nights. Anybody else in the same place as me? Goal weight would be 130 to 115 if I'm dreaming

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,127 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    What helped me was NOT to have a goal weight. Instead, I decided I would stick with it for 4 months.

I was going to give it a decent go, meticulously weigh and log everything, stay at or under my calorie maximum, and wherever I was at the end of 4 months is where I would stop.

4 months later I had done exactly that, and had lost 15 kg.

And then ... I realised that I could go lower. :grin: I've lost a total of 23 kg now.

So maybe rather than dreaming about 130-115 ... plan to stick to it meticulously for 2 months. 2 months isn't a long time. Then at the end of 2 months, maybe take a break for a couple days and reassess. From there you might want to stick with it for another 2 months or 3 months. And so on.
  • bnallen29
    bnallen29 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I like that idea! Short goals to just stick to it instead of big goals that seem so far away. Thanks for the encouragement!
  • sfinsc
    sfinsc Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I loved mini weight goals. They really kept me motivated at the beginning. I don't have hypothyroidism, but I do have an insatiable sweet tooth. I think also knowing your weaknesses and planning for them is a HUGE help. My main thing was to realize that I don't have to deprive myself of sweets. I just plan my eating so that I can have some sweets every day.

You can definitely do this! Add me as a friend if you'd like support. :)